DIY fire pit

/ DIY fire pit #31  
I burn a lot outside too.. mostly pine and everything I find along the property..
What I did for my pit is:
I used concrete “flower bed” boarders..8 straight (w 5 humps on each piece) and 8 curved pieces..
2 straight pieces on each side and 2 curved pieces on each end.. it makes a beautiful OBLONG pit..
I buried the 1st row 1/2 the width, in the ground..and set another row upside down into the 1st rows humps..
THEN I lined the bottom w 12x12 pavers..
Cleaning out is a breeze..
Simply remove the curved end boarder stones on one end and shovel the ashes into a wheelbarrow.. the bottom stones make finding the bottom very easy..
and the length and the height are perfect for larger limbs..

/ DIY fire pit #33  
And here's my entry.

Attachments

• DSCF1564.jpeg
    DSCF1564.jpeg
    325.6 KB · Views: 176
   / DIY fire pit #37  
Thx. The basswood & Elm prob burn pretty quickly: prob not the hickory. Has to be some nice smelling fires

/ DIY fire pit #38  
Yes, the holes are supposed to make it smokeless. It seems that it works when the fire is really going, but starts to smoke more as it dies down.
Maybe it's different where you live, but the biggest issue we have with smoke is that there's usually just enough of a breeze to push it towards you. Seems to shift direction so as to follow you wherever you sit. :(

/ DIY fire pit #39  
should be recognizable from this group. best fire pit I've used so far!

Attachments

• 20220826_183050.jpg
    20220826_183050.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 147
   / DIY fire pit #40  
Mine is rustic and simple. 3/8" thick steel ring, 42" diameter sunk 1/2 way into the ground by the edge of my woods. I burn anything too thick or gnarley to split. I supply the beer, bring your own camp chairs.

IMG_2377.jpg