DIY Ratchet Rake

/ DIY Ratchet Rake
I know the RR is very versatile. But as a home project, I am starting to think about a bolt on v-toothed cutting edge that would use the exiting bolt holes in the bucket. It wouldn't be as quick as a strap on but, depending on the tooth design might be very good for grubbing out brush and then a smooth backdrag. At least initially I wouldn't have the lower vee tooth blade underneath but that could be added later.

There is a commercial outfit that sells a blade like that although the RR is a fraction of the cost.

Of course, buying a heavy piece of steel to make something like this would probably be more expensive than buying the RR, especially on the clearance sale prices. But still, it would be a nice project.

Ken

I've only got about $125 in it with straps and steel and a few cans of paint. Oh, and some beer for my buddy that let me use his bad *ss plasma. I would have bought one for $200 but as I said before, the TSC stores around here have been sold out for over a year.

/ DIY Ratchet Rake #62  
"I enjoy making odds and end attachments to make my life more efficient. The real joy is completing something and going to try it out. Even if fails miserably, it's very exciting. I always learn something new and the day you stop learning is the day you die."

Your statement above is so true. I love making things, most fail miserably on first try but I always learn something that carries over to other projects.

When i first but my house funds where tight and I had a lawn tractor with a broken deck and needed to level out existing gravel on my drive. Out came the MIG and a bunch of steel and within a afternoon I had a fully functional sleeve hitch and a home made type attachment, Funny thing is it was like the ratchet rake but with only the downward teeth and I dragged it behind my lawn tractor. By the way I just today bought the 199 clearance RR at tsc for my New to me 1996 JD 955.

Anyways keep up the good work and don't stop learning.

/ DIY Ratchet Rake
"I enjoy making odds and end attachments to make my life more efficient. The real joy is completing something and going to try it out. Even if fails miserably, it's very exciting. I always learn something new and the day you stop learning is the day you die."

Your statement above is so true. I love making things, most fail miserably on first try but I always learn something that carries over to other projects.

When i first but my house funds where tight and I had a lawn tractor with a broken deck and needed to level out existing gravel on my drive. Out came the MIG and a bunch of steel and within a afternoon I had a fully functional sleeve hitch and a home made type attachment, Funny thing is it was like the ratchet rake but with only the downward teeth and I dragged it behind my lawn tractor. By the way I just today bought the 199 clearance RR at tsc for my New to me 1996 JD 955.

Anyways keep up the good work and don't stop learning.

You are correct sir. I believe the day we stop learning is the day we die.