DIY Ratchet Rake

/ DIY Ratchet Rake #1  

High Compression

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740-3/ Kubota ZD21 pro60
Hey all. I have a couple of little jobs to do and a ratchet rake would be handy. After some research, I realized that it may or may not work on my bucket because I have a bolt on cutting edge. Yes they do have a little tab that you can cut off, but still no guarantee. Also, my many local TSC stores (4 within 20 min.) didn't stock them. So I would have to order it, wait, then find out if it was going to work.
So, I figured really, how hard could it be to make one. Well, I had the metal laying around, the time, a plasma cutter and welder. I figured why not. Tried it out. It worked really well. Still a little tweaking, clean up and paint to go. I won't bore you with the details but here are a few pix.

2012-02-25 09.33.19.jpg

2012-02-25 09.33.46.jpg
My helper (Kenzi) got tired. She's gonna have to buck up to hang with the big dogs.:laughing:
2012-02-25 09.47.58.jpg

2012-02-25 12.38.15.jpg

2012-02-25 12.38.27.jpg

2012-02-25 12.38.35.jpg

2012-02-25 12.59.36.jpg

/ DIY Ratchet Rake #2  
Good job! I like yours better than the original because your front teeth form a V. That should make it better for tightly grabbing small trees/brush. :thumbsup:

/ DIY Ratchet Rake #3  
Boy, you did a fantastic job! You will really like the RR. I wasn't sure, but at only 200 bucks from TS, I figured what the heck. After using it...amazing tool. lb for lb best $ I have spent. You hit a home run making it on your own.

/ DIY Ratchet Rake
Good job! I like yours better than the original because your front teeth form a V. That should make it better for tightly grabbing small trees/brush. :thumbsup:

Thank you! I hope so.

Boy, you did a fantastic job! You will really like the RR. I wasn't sure, but at only 200 bucks from TS, I figured what the heck. After using it...amazing tool. lb for lb best $ I have spent. You hit a home run making it on your own.

Thanks a lot! Very true, it is the the best # for # budget tool. I would have bought one except for my doubt of it fitting on my bucket.

/ DIY Ratchet Rake #5  
I love mine. Its an amazing tool.

/ DIY Ratchet Rake #9  
That makes me wish I had a plasma cutter...

One question though, aren't those hooks a little weak? It looks like one with the strap on the left is bent upwards. I'm not bad mouthing your work, it's just that the hooks look under-rated for the tool.

/ DIY Ratchet Rake
Looks good.
Thank you!

Looking forward to hearing how this performs. Looks great.
Thanks! Stay tuned.

Good job. :thumbsup:
Thank you!

That makes me wish I had a plasma cutter...

One question though, aren't those hooks a little weak? It looks like one with the strap on the left is bent upwards. I'm not bad mouthing your work, it's just that the hooks look under-rated for the tool.
Yup, I noticed that too. I cut my loops of and moved them forward to help with that. But.....