/ DIY Soil Ripper / Subsoil Plow #1  

GeoTracker90

Tractor
None yet
Ripper_003.jpg
Ripper_002.jpg

Ripper_001.jpg
Ripper_004.jpg

After I recently made the 2" receiver mount for my sleeve hitch I couldn't help myself and made this subsoil plow/soil ripper. Of course I had to go out and give it a test run along the ditch bank behind our yard. To say that I was impressed would be an understatement.

Last edited:
   / DIY Soil Ripper / Subsoil Plow #2  
Now make a T-bar for the receiver and put in a gang of rippers. You can double, triple or more the work in one pass, Then your impressiveness would be to the max. :)

Not only rip to make planting rows, one can also rip out roots under the soil that are a pain to dig up.

With several passes and depths, the ripper works like a ditch-with too.

I've seen rippers pull up old and broken concrete sidewalks and pads. A nice tool to have handy when needed.

/ DIY Soil Ripper / Subsoil Plow #3  
I have a single bottom moldboard plow. It can be stripped down and become a single tooth ripper. Be very careful with that ripper you have made.

Mine has a spring activated trip mechanism. Engage a large rock or root and it will trip. Back up with it still in the ground - it resets.

Your ripper does not appear to have that feature. You don't want to damage anything.