DIY toolbox add

/ DIY toolbox add #1  

Jimc295

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey GC1705, Kubota B7100
I added a toolbox to my tractor and after using the loaded for a little while I've decided I do not like the location. It obscured my side view of the loader and so I can't tell when I have to bucket level with the ground so now I am thinking behind the seat.

Attachments

• 1-IMG_2746.jpg
    1-IMG_2746.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 824
  • 1-IMG_2744.jpg
    1-IMG_2744.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 772
   / DIY toolbox add #2  
I put mine behind seat, Here are holes already in steel sub frame, I just had to drill through body.... Very disrespectful to all the safety labels though...

DSC01773.JPG

DSC01774.JPG

Might also want to look into "bucket position indicate" so you don't have to look around FEL frame work....

DSC01707-2.jpg DSC01713-7.jpg DSC01712-6.jpg DSC01711-5.jpg

DSC01709-4.jpg DSC01708-3.jpg DSC01705-1.jpg DSC01715-8.jpg

DSC01717-9.jpg

Dale

/ DIY toolbox add
Dale, that is what I was thinking about behind the seat. I had not thought of the position indicators though, thanks
Jim

/ DIY toolbox add
I finally got around to moving my toolbox to behind the seat took your advice Dale and disrespected the safety labels and used the underneath frame holes.

1-IMG_2800 (1).jpg

/ DIY toolbox add #5  
Oooh, you guys inspired me to do the same thing. I have been wanting to add a tool box for a long time now. Are you guys just using ammo cans for the box? It looks like uni-strut to hold it?

/ DIY toolbox add #6  
I had two toolboxes off a couple John Deere’s I’ve had over the years. The bracket mounts to the tractor and the toolbox is removable and also has a tray inside that can hang on the front. I mounted them on both sides of our ford and put a ford emblem on them. I don't know if these can still be bought from JD or not, my dad has an original one on his 1970 model 1020 he bought new.

Toolbox2.JPG
Toolbox1.JPG
Toolbox3.JPG
Toolbox4.JPG
Toolbox0.JPG
IMG_9104.JPG

/ DIY toolbox add
Oooh, you guys inspired me to do the same thing. I have been wanting to add a tool box for a long time now. Are you guys just using ammo cans for the box? It looks like uni-strut to hold it?

It is a 50cal ammo box and I built a wood cradle to hold it. I drilled through the back fibreglass decking and bolted it down then just used self drilling screws to secure the can to the wood cradle. It works good and it out of the way, the only issue is make sure you mount it far enough away from the seat to keep it from interfering with the tool box.

/ DIY toolbox add #8  

Yes on ammo can, 50 caliber sized will hold most anything you need..... And in my case it was some aluminum channel I had laying around I used to support "can" but it can be most anything that can be adapted....

No rules just make it work for you...

Dale

/ DIY toolbox add #9  
I had two toolboxes off a couple John Deere’s I’ve had over the years. The bracket mounts to the tractor and the toolbox is removable and also has a tray inside that can hang on the front. I mounted them on both sides of our ford and put a ford emblem on them. I don't know if these can still be bought from JD or not, my dad has an original one on his 1970 model 1020 he bought new.

View attachment 624959
View attachment 624960
View attachment 624961
View attachment 624962
View attachment 624963
View attachment 624964

Good idea - hanging the tray on the front. I think I will steal that one. When I need to get under the tray on my box I have to balance it somewhere or hold it. I was going to make some fold-out hinges but a couple hangers is easier. Thanks for the idea.

ToolBox.JPG

gg

/ DIY toolbox add #10  
Here is my toolbox add.

Attachments

• IMG_0571.JPG
    IMG_0571.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0572.JPG
    IMG_0572.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 150