DIY tractor weights ideas

/ DIY tractor weights ideas #21  
overszd:

W/W fluid is not completely environmental friendly, as it does contain methanol.
Animals will not lick W/W fluid though, as they will with sweet ethylene glycol (automotive anti-freeze). Automotive anti-freeze WILL KILL animals (dogs - cats - farm animals, etc.)!

I've heard this so many times. Can anyone document the death of a dog/cat from licking anti-freeze??? Not arguing. Just asking for evidence. Often heard it, never documented it. My Dog is my best friend. He's wayyyyyyy too smart to lick anti-freeze. :)

My pets might drink it if you caged them with that as their only source of liquid for a few days....

/ DIY tractor weights ideas #22  
Yup, neighbors dog. Small puddle on the driveway. Big dog dead after several horrible days.

/ DIY tractor weights ideas #23  
I've heard this so many times. Can anyone document the death of a dog/cat from licking anti-freeze??? Not arguing. Just asking for evidence. Often heard it, never documented it. My Dog is my best friend. He's wayyyyyyy too smart to lick anti-freeze. :)

My pets might drink it if you caged them with that as their only source of liquid for a few days....

I heard that they add something to make it taste bad now. But without it, it tastes sweet. I know, I tasted it.
It kills by damaging the kidneys IIRC.

The treatment is ethyl alcohol.

/ DIY tractor weights ideas #24  
Yup, neighbors dog. Small puddle on the driveway. Big dog dead after several horrible days.

Wow. My dogs are around anti-freeze all the time. Spills on the floor, pans full of it. Haven't even saw them glance at it, let alone drink it. Sorry for the neighbors loss.

/ DIY tractor weights ideas #25  
That was probably 20yrs ago. Maybe there's an additive now as suggested.... Or the dog was real dumb.

/ DIY tractor weights ideas
BEET JUICE is the answer here that wont KILL..

/ DIY tractor weights ideas #27  
It is the toxin ethylene glycol that makes antifreeze lethal. Because of this, dogs will consume great quantities of ethylene glycol before being repulsed by its aftertaste. By then, it is too late. It does not take a significant amount of ethylene glycol to cause fatal damage to the system; less than three ounces (or 88 ml) of antifreeze is sufficient to poison a medium-sized dog. Antifreeze poisoning affects the brain, liver, and kidneys.

Ethylene glycol is also found in engine coolant and hydraulic brake fluids.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has labeled propylene glycol safe and it is now used for antifreeze. Look for antifreeze with this ingredient instead, to keep your pet safer from accidental poisoning.

From Antifreeze Poisoning in Dogs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using TractorByNet

/ DIY tractor weights ideas #29