DK 45hst battery

/ DK 45hst battery #1  

RJJR

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 Kioti DK45 HST
Good evening,
I've got. 2011 DK45HST that has an Interstate Megatron battery that came in it. It's a relatively low profile battery with 800/1000 amps capacity. It's been slow to crank lately so I took it out to clean the terminals and look for a replacement. I noticed the tray my battery sits in is not level. It's slanted down a bit toward the back of the tractor but the bottom is lower on the right than the left (facing battery). I've never had the battery out before so not sure if it's been bent by underbrush or if it's normal. Does not seem normal. Also noticed the battery has been rubbing what looks like the horn so it doesn't appear to have a lot of room for a larger profile battery.
So two questions.

What do your batter tray's look like and what brand battery do most you use?
Thank you very much,
RJ

/ DK 45hst battery #2  
I have a CK30hst and the tray is flat and level. I'm sure another member can comment on their DK45hst. I have enough space to use a group 24 battery. 10 3/4 long, 7 wide, and 8 tall that is 1000cca. Mine is from advanced auto parts.

/ DK 45hst battery #3  
I have a DK40 and mine is flat and level with the factory Interstate batt.

/ DK 45hst battery #4  
I think you have a DK45SE so you need a DKxxSE owner's advice here.

And unless you know the battery is weak, get it tested (like at Autozone, for free) before you sprong for a new one. Your "problem" may be elsewhere.

/ DK 45hst battery #6  
+1 to Murphy. Replaced mine after having it tested with another Interstate.

/ DK 45hst battery
I think you have a DK45SE so you need a DKxxSE owner's advice here.

And unless you know the battery is weak, get it tested (like at Autozone, for free) before you sprong for a new one. Your "problem" may be elsewhere.

I had it tested and they said it was good but weak. I have a couple of nice chargers and once charged to 100 percent it only takes about 20 minutes to be at 85 percent. I'm convinced it needs replacing but my tray is odd. Not level at all? It's a HST if that makes a difference? Thanks

/ DK 45hst battery #8  
I had mine out a while back and it seems like it was level from my memory. I had a lot of corrosion with my factory battery and had to clean the terminals and paint the tie down hardware. That factory battery is weak and has trouble cranking after the glow plugs cycle a few times if it's real cold.

/ DK 45hst battery #9  
My tray is level. All battery trays should be level to have the fluid cover the plates as much as possible.. If yours is bent, you need to find out why.