DK40SE HST oil plug thread size (for heater)

/ DK40SE HST oil plug thread size (for heater) #11  
I wired mine together in an aluminum j-box bolted to the frame. I screwed an On at 0C, off at 10C thermostatic switch to the side of the box and the power to the heating pads runs through the switch. Ran the power to the battery maintainer through teh same box, but not through the thermostat.

I plug the truck in at night year round. And, when I disconnect it in the morning, I plug in the car to keep the battery topped off and “maintained”. Same kind of setup on the car as the truck charge the battery all the time, heat the oil below freezing. I only drive the car if I’m headed to “Big Town” which is about four times a year for Dr. Appointment, and to see family on holidays.

Next summer I’ll do the same setup on the tractor. Got all the pieces-parts last summer, but with all the extra work and fire smoke didn’t get out and install things..

/ DK40SE HST oil plug thread size (for heater) #12  
Over the years I’ve seen several vehicles catch fire due to engine heaters. Cars, trucks, tractors… Including my inline heater on my CK30HST tractor several years ago, right before my eyes, thank goodness! I had noticed a rubber burning smell while the heater had been plugged in for quick warmups weeks before. Regardless I now just keep a battery maintainer on the battery, Amsoil Synthetic oil in the engine and HST transmission, and Amsoil diesel treatment in the fuel. I’m in Ontario Canada and no issues starting the tractor when required, stored in a steel barn, when cycling the glow plugs a couple of times. Peace of mind for me….😉

Last edited: