DK45 lifting capacity with forks

/ DK45 lifting capacity with forks #11  
Yeah I think I am going to have to actually try it out to know for sure. I need the rotator to dump the tanks of mussels. Coobie, is your 2000lb max. including the weight of the forks and their quick attach assembly? If not what do you think they weigh.
I think my forks are about 400 lbs.so about 2,400 max lift.coobie

/ DK45 lifting capacity with forks #12  
I think you'll be able to lift it off the ground, but not very far and you probably wouldn't want to travel with it. I have a DK40 (same loader specs), and I used it to unload one-ton pallet of grain. The bill of lading gave a total weight of 2090 lbs, including pallet and packaging materials; I was just barely able to unload the pallet from the back of a freight truck and transport it a 1/4 mile over hilly terrain. In fact, it was sketchy as all get out. I did have a logging winch on the back for counter weight, plus my tires are loaded.

However, not all pallets are loaded the same, and the load on this one sat particularly far out from the pins. Still, even if it had been in a bit further, I'm pretty sure it would still have been right at the limit.

/ DK45 lifting capacity with forks
I found a fellow with a DK-45S and tried it, it will lift it but the back tires came off the ground and they are loaded. How much bigger are the DK-55 and RX60. As I understand it the 55 is older technology, is there any reason to avoid it, or should the 60 be avoided because of it being a brand new model?

/ DK45 lifting capacity with forks #14  
I found a fellow with a DK-45S and tried it, it will lift it but the back tires came off the ground and they are loaded. How much bigger are the DK-55 and RX60. As I understand it the 55 is older technology, is there any reason to avoid it, or should the 60 be avoided because of it being a brand new model?

Why would you (or the owner) even attempt a lift without proper ballast on the 3pt.? Loaded tires are great, but you must have proper ballast on the 3pt or you risk damage to the front axle. When you lift the the rear tires off of the ground you by definition do not have proper ballast on the 3pt. If you have proper ballast on the 3pt the rear tires will never come of of the ground, the hydraulic relief valve will go into relief if the attempted load is too great on the loader.

James K0UA

/ DK45 lifting capacity with forks #15  
WOW,be carefull.I have loaded rear tires and use a 1,000 lbs rear ballast weight with that kind of load.coobie

/ DK45 lifting capacity with forks #16  
Ya, loaded tires don't cut it. I've got them and use the box blade for more. Since I bought the box blade for my last tractor, it's undersized and insufficient for really heavy lifting so in rare cases, I'll add my homemade Zamboni on top of the box blade and fill both 60 gallon tanks. The DK55 or RX6010 are going to have the exact same issue, you'll need to ballast them properly as well. I don't think either have a huge increase in lifting capacity anyway.