DK50 AND SNOW BOX?

CJONE

Veteran Member
Tractor
KIOTI DK50 HST
I have read enough posts both positive and negative about a snow box for these CUTS. Why do some feel these units can't push one. I see them on skid steers all the time and in my personal experience a skid steer is just about useless in snow. My best estimate is the tractor will weigh in at 7K when I am done with it and with chains it should just about climb a tree. Also people have commented about bending the loader if something was hit? are they that fragile? How is that going to work when I am digging stumps and moving dirt? What am I missing. OH and I have plowed snow commercially for over 20 Years and I am planning on using this unit also for this task. Thanks for the insite. CJ

nybirdman

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4240 HSTC,L3000DT
I would think with a snow box you will be fine,staight push.I have a FEL mounted(8ft) Curtis plow on a similar sized Kubota....no problems.

devildog1

Veteran Member
Tractor
Grand L 3540 HST-3, R4's
I believe you will do just fine with the snow box, It's just like anything Else , use it but don't abuse it and you'll be fine.With my Grand L and 72"bucket I can push the snow the length of my 200 ' driveway, so why not with a snow box? Your Kioti has enough weight to do this easily unless the snow in feet then inches.
DevilDog

OP
C

CJONE

Veteran Member
Tractor
KIOTI DK50 HST
It just seems that everyone shys away from the snow boxes and they work great. Just trying to figure out what size more than anything. CJ

grsthegreat

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE hst cab
I have a DK45 with a 7' snow blade.....but i got the optional side gates that convert it into a snowbox when needed. So far i have been able to push enough snow that its coming over the top and sides and has never stalled the tractor (use mid range on HST).

I also use one gate when plowing the roads top keep loose snow from flipping off of blade back onto road.. LOVE THEM.

OP
C

CJONE

Veteran Member
Tractor
KIOTI DK50 HST
Thanks, I think I will start looking for a 8' snow box. CJ