DK50 AND SNOW BOX?

/ DK50 AND SNOW BOX? #1  

CJONE

Veteran Member
Tractor
KIOTI DK50 HST
I have read enough posts both positive and negative about a snow box for these CUTS. Why do some feel these units can't push one. I see them on skid steers all the time and in my personal experience a skid steer is just about useless in snow. My best estimate is the tractor will weigh in at 7K when I am done with it and with chains it should just about climb a tree. Also people have commented about bending the loader if something was hit? are they that fragile? How is that going to work when I am digging stumps and moving dirt? What am I missing. OH and I have plowed snow commercially for over 20 Years and I am planning on using this unit also for this task. Thanks for the insite. CJ

/ DK50 AND SNOW BOX? #2  
I would think with a snow box you will be fine,staight push.I have a FEL mounted(8ft) Curtis plow on a similar sized Kubota....no problems.

/ DK50 AND SNOW BOX? #3  
I believe you will do just fine with the snow box, It's just like anything Else , use it but don't abuse it and you'll be fine.With my Grand L and 72"bucket I can push the snow the length of my 200 ' driveway, so why not with a snow box? Your Kioti has enough weight to do this easily unless the snow in feet then inches.
DevilDog

/ DK50 AND SNOW BOX?
It just seems that everyone shys away from the snow boxes and they work great. Just trying to figure out what size more than anything. CJ

/ DK50 AND SNOW BOX? #5  
I have a DK45 with a 7' snow blade.....but i got the optional side gates that convert it into a snowbox when needed. So far i have been able to push enough snow that its coming over the top and sides and has never stalled the tractor (use mid range on HST).

I also use one gate when plowing the roads top keep loose snow from flipping off of blade back onto road.. LOVE THEM.

/ DK50 AND SNOW BOX?
Thanks, I think I will start looking for a 8' snow box. CJ