DK5310se HST Won't Start **Emergency**

/ DK5310se HST Won't Start **Emergency** #21  
bad batery. trust me. you cant jump it to make it work. these new batterys are that way.

/ DK5310se HST Won't Start **Emergency** #22  
Sounds like starter pinion is not advancing into flywheel teeth. Some pinions are advanced by soleniod, others by a spiral on the starter motor shaft. Mat need some grease on motor shaft. Unfortunately it means pulling the starter. Is starter direct drive, or gear reduction?
I agree, maybe a buildup of crap on that Bendix gear shaft. Gotta drop the starter to check.

/ DK5310se HST Won't Start **Emergency** #23  
Tractor is too new to have this problem but if that's a Denso Starter, their internal contacts and plunger do go bad. There is a rebuild kit for about $15, that replaces these parts. Friend Kubota and sons Subaru car has these starters and have needed rebuilding... But not after only 3 months

/ DK5310se HST Won't Start **Emergency** #24  
Kioti has some defective safety switches It happens at random My tech found this out for me and has replaced it under warranty. You have the same symptoms. by touching the battery to starter it bypasses the switch . Contact your dealer and they may or may not know about the problem It just happened to me this late spring.

/ DK5310se HST Won't Start **Emergency** #25  
Thanks for the quick reply. I have tried jumping from both a battery pack and another vehicle.

The click is not at the starter, I think it's just at a full shutoff or something. Even if both the start relay and fuse are out I get the same click. I've also tried replacing both the start fuse and relay. Battery terminals are clean. The tractor is only 6 months old.
Now that you bailed out the trailer with your truck, etc. and that emergency is over for GAWD'S SAKE DEMAND THAT YOUR DEALER SUPPORT YOU !!! This is a 6month old tractor !! Come on people.

/ DK5310se HST Won't Start **Emergency** #26  
This might not be relevant - if not, sorry - but when my ATV wouldn't start the dealer suggested that I "bypass the solenoid" by turning the ignition key on and connecting the poles of the solenoid with a screwdriver. I did that and it fired right up.

In my case it was a safety switch that was preventing ignition (switch since replaced). I think if the solenoid is bad this won't work.

/ DK5310se HST Won't Start **Emergency** #27  
Hi,
The solenoid has two sets of windings;
1. A SHUNT winding that gnds out to solenoid shell. This is called the holding winding
2. A SERIES winding or pull-in winding is wired in series with starter positive brushes, thru the armature, and out to negative starter brushes and on to gnd.
3. Initially both windings flow current giving solenoid a very strong magnetic pull to drive gear piston and place a copper contact bridge across both bat and starter posts.
4. Once current flows across both heavy solenoid posts the series winding now becomes pos on both ends, flows no current and thus has no magnetic pull.
5. The shunt (or holding coil) continues as a magnet holding the copper washer across both heavy starter posts. Drive plunger piston is now fully inserted in the solenoid housing so both windings are not needed to overcome the drive return spring.

Hope this helps in understanding starter solenoids.

PS. As you can see a worn set of starter brushes could give an open circuit to the pull-in winding and will cause a solenoid not to pull in the drive gear. There has been many solenoids replaced
when the problem was a set or worn pos or neg starter brushes. The copper bridge across both heavy posts is subject to wear and thus is a source of trouble. A voltage drop test across both of these terminals with starter cranking should not show more than .2 of a volt drop. From bat pos post to solenoid .5 volt, bat neg to starter housing .2v. Note tests are from bat post, not cable ends. This will include battery connection in the test. All tests are dynamic, which means with starter cranking. Ohmmeters are not good for resistance tests on heavy amp circuits.

cheers,

/ DK5310se HST Won't Start **Emergency** #28  
Now that you bailed out the trailer with your truck, etc. and that emergency is over for GAWD'S SAKE DEMAND THAT YOUR DEALER SUPPORT YOU !!! This is a 6month old tractor !! Come on people.
he still needs to get it started and on a trailer to take to the shop, or have them come get it on his $$$dime$$$. my dealer was nice enough to come to my house when i had an issue with a new tractor, but i fear those days are over. no one seams to want to do warranty work anymore...... i know i get so many calls from new customers trying to get me to service their generators, but im not taking on any new clients. too buried in work now.

/ DK5310se HST Won't Start **Emergency** #29  
Kioti DK5310se HST won't start. Tractor is hooked to livestock trailer in remote field, and I need to move the animals home tonight.

Turn the key, hear a click, but nothing else. Battery is good. PTO off, seat switch ok, in neutral.

If I jump two big post on solenoid, the starter spins but doesn't engage the fly wheel. Everyone in awhile it will make the fly wheel flinch, but that's it. The starter spins good whenever I jumper it though. Not sure why this is.

I need to get this thing started, any ideas?

I feel lime its a safety switch issue somewhere, but no sure how to override.

/ DK5310se HST Won't Start **Emergency** #30  
Just went thru identical symptoms with Bobcat Skid steer. Jumping will make pinion spin but it won't turn over when using the key or jumping to make it engage. Previous symptoms were low speed turning over when starting which came on slowly and I did not recognize. In my case it was likely burned contacts in the solenoid. I had to replace the whole starter as the solenoid is integrated in the starter on my engine.