Do backyard tractors need grease?

/ Do backyard tractors need grease?
I don't get the tractor until the shop is built to park it in. It will be another year before we live onsite. We have to keep it secured.
I hear that the drug epidemic is causing huge crime spikes in rural areas. That, and ******* attacks on police, and the justice system.

A friend in Vermont has a nasty problem with theft, and trespassers on her property.

/ Do backyard tractors need grease?
Wherever there is a grease nipple it should be greased about every ten hours or sooner.

I’m considering an electric grease gun as the handles seem to be getting very hard to squeeze. ( The new grease must be a lot less viscous than it used to be! )

Frequent greasing also keeps all the nipples/passages from getting hard and having to clean them.
I had one zerk on the front end loader part plugged. The mechanic had to apply heat to break it all up. I now am **** retentive about greasing.

One question.

If the unit is sitting without being used, how often should you grease?

/ Do backyard tractors need grease? #33  
I
I suspect those tractors are getting greased, but not while they are at your place. As for talk, I have seen a lot here. Day-to-day conversation? Maybe it is so obvious that people don't bother discussing. 1st thing my dad said when we bought land was get a good grease gun. (I don't think he meant an M3)
It’s not a Milwaukee M-18 but it gets the job done. ;)

Attachments

• DCF33F66-C1DC-4D97-9183-09F70049BD23.jpeg
    DCF33F66-C1DC-4D97-9183-09F70049BD23.jpeg
    247.7 KB · Views: 79
   / Do backyard tractors need grease? #34  
Lock and Lube is necessary.
Funny. I've been using grease guns of all types for over 50 years and never had one.
Useful, convenient, helpful? Possibly. Necessary? Not even close. There are zerks that are inaccessible Lock & Lube for that matter.

/ Do backyard tractors need grease? #35  
I do like using my Lock & Lube but it does not fit everything. I have made adapters that solve that but it is extra parts to keep up with. I will say it still is better then fighting tight areas with the twist type.

/ Do backyard tractors need grease? #36  
I grease my equipment regularly. I have a Milwaukee 18V grease gun. I also have a Lock-N-Lube. The LNL is on a manual gun because there are only a couple or three zerks where it really helps. There are quite a few recessed zerks on the FEL that the LNL can not get to.

I grease every ten hours or so. However - it's just plain 'ol routine maintenance and not something normally discussed with regularity. You know what I mean ...... I will ask - "John, how is your wheat crop doing?" NOT - Hey, John - when was the last time you greased your tractor and how did it go.

/ Do backyard tractors need grease? #37  
Ya its actually 2 different things. You have 2 speeds, then a grease volume setting. I was referring to the volume setting.

"The M18™ Cordless 2-Speed Grease Gun delivers maximum pressure and unmatched versatility, offering an industry leading 10,000 PSI max operating pressure and a patent pending pre-set grease counter that allows service and maintenance professionals to dispense precise amounts of grease."
:ROFLMAO: That's funny.

Useless garble to turn a fault into a "feature". It's not leading anything.

Dear maintenance professional; How many times a day do you have to fiddle with that dial? Do you weigh the grease? How do you charge for the grease--By the pound or ounce?

:ROFLMAO:

/ Do backyard tractors need grease? #38  

Dear maintenance professional; How many times a day do you have to fiddle with that dial? Do you weigh the grease? How do you charge for the grease--By the pound or ounce?

Ya it sounds wordy I agree. It was nice to be able to dial in they grease output the way I use the tool though, especially because it is electric and I can’t control the volume/pressure of each stroke. Other than that maybe if I had some specialized fittings that required more pressure less volume it “could” be beneficial to have it.

/ Do backyard tractors need grease? #40  

Just another solution waiting for a problem.