Do I really need a finish mower?

/ Do I really need a finish mower? #31  
Well, that's a horse of a different color!!! You don't *have* to have a finishing mower... Get the grapple first, hands down!!!!

I like my finishing mower but I love my grapple... :D

Yeah, I agree, no mention was made of the grapple, that was my first purchase, used to pull the rocks out of the field before mowing!
Careful of the big ones...
IMG_0440.JPG

/ Do I really need a finish mower? #32  
What do y'all think about my offer on that one in the pictures?
Shoot, go for it!!! (ain't my money!!!) Seriously, that doesn't look like it was used... Was the box scraper and forks also in like new condition?

/ Do I really need a finish mower?
I suspect it wasn't used at all. Box scrape was also in very similar shape and was also with one of those traded in tractors with almost no hours on it. I suspect the box scrape came in one of those package deals and wasn't ever use. I'd bet this mower has a similar story.

The Forks however were brand new made by a local company.

I didn't get a chance today to try an offer. Still considering doing it though. Is that a decent offer?

/ Do I really need a finish mower? #34  
...Is that a decent offer?
I would just offer a take it or leave it at $1200... leave name or number, in case it doesn't sell. Seems like a good price for the condition... I normally wait until it is a bit more beat up (cheaper) to buy....

/ Do I really need a finish mower? #35  
It looks like a good price to me. It is possible you could run a 72", Im just not familiar with your tractor. I will say there are times an extra 6" of overhang per side would be handy. The bigger mower actually lets you get closer to fences and trees.

/ Do I really need a finish mower?
I forgot about this thread for a while...

I did buy the mower. He took $1200 for it. I looked around at a few more used ones and I was always disappointed. Lots of worn out junk out there. Projects mostly. So I kept coming back to this one. Not a bargain but a fair price for a nice unit.

Im playing around with it now. Nice cut. The mower turned out to be built 9/30/2014. Im fairly certain it was used maybe once or twice. Maybe just demo'd to see what it would do and put in a barn or garage. It had a coating of fine dry grass clippings stuck to the bottom that dropped off as soon as I used it. And the metal and paint under there was like new. The blades were fully intact like they had not been used.

And I have gone ahead with my install of the third function so I am preparing for a grapple as soon as funds allow. Im doing that in stages. Function first... then I'm ready to go when I can decide what grapple I want.

So far I am finding chores for the finish mower to do. Thanks for the advice and input.

Some related pictures attached.

Attachments

• IMG_5298.jpg
    IMG_5298.jpg
    397.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_5294.jpg
    IMG_5294.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_5296.JPG
    IMG_5296.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_5322.JPG