Do you ever get it all figured out or mostly figured out?

/ Do you ever get it all figured out or mostly figured out?
So funny story....

I change batteries in cell phones myself. The battery in the iPhone was starting to swell. So I bought a new battery, backed the phone up, powered it off, opened up the phone, and there's supposed to be some sticky tape like a command strip holding the battery in place. You pull the strip out from under the battery and it should just zip right out. Nope. It broke off immediately, probably due to the heat of the swelling battery.

So I take some small spudgers and carefully start to pry the battery out. I hear a small click! and the battery ever so slightly bent.

Then an orange spot appeared at the small crease and smoke! :eek:

Started getting bigger and smoking harder, so I figured to heck with care, and yanked that thing out of there.

Threw the battery in an ash bucket and ran it out of the house. Threw it in a frozen bird bath and it melted a hole through the ice and sat there for about 5 minutes smoking with an orange glow under the ice.

Yikes! 🤣
This is the first I paid to have done… the Nokia was super easy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
   / Do you ever get it all figured out or mostly figured out? #42  
We live adjacent to the farm my wife grew up on and one son is 5 minutes away and one is 15 minutes away. We see both grandsons every week.

We feel very blessed and wouldn't change the location.

Also within a half hour of my 3 sister's.

I do wish Ohio had more sun but I still enjoy the four seasons.

We have only one close neighbor (100 yards away) and that is my MIL who respects our privacy.

Both my wife and I have remote jobs which I struggle with a little. I like people and getting out of the house.

/ Do you ever get it all figured out or mostly figured out? #43  
So funny story....

I change batteries in cell phones myself. The battery in the iPhone was starting to swell. So I bought a new battery, backed the phone up, powered it off, opened up the phone, and there's supposed to be some sticky tape like a command strip holding the battery in place. You pull the strip out from under the battery and it should just zip right out. Nope. It broke off immediately, probably due to the heat of the swelling battery.

So I take some small spudgers and carefully start to pry the battery out. I hear a small click! and the battery ever so slightly bent.

Started getting bigger and smoking harder, so I figured to heck with care, and yanked that thing out of there.

Threw the battery in an ash bucket and ran it out of the house. Threw it in a frozen bird bath and it melted a hole through the ice and sat there for about 5 minutes smoking with an orange glow under the ice.

Yikes! 🤣

My boss did that in his office once. It didn't bother him a bit. He just sat it to the side and kept working. I have no idea how it didn't burn the plant down. SMOKY in the office for a long time though.

/ Do you ever get it all figured out or mostly figured out?
So funny story....

Yikes! 🤣
Glad it didn't turn into a house-a-fire.

/ Do you ever get it all figured out or mostly figured out? #45  
My wife & I can to Texas form Wisconsin as the population in our home town have more people
laid off in the early 80's. I told my wife I will not
go on welfare as I can work so started making some
phone calls and Midland/Odessa Texas said come on
down plenty of work but when I got here the bottom
fell out of the oil field in Midland/Odessa so came to Big
Spring on Friday and was working on Monday Did a
lot of praying. Purchased some land and we started
building we had $150 to start to build a house because
we lost what we had. That was back in 82 since then
lost my wife in 2023 March and now trying to remodel
after all the water damage from the central air system
put in the attic the drain was so small that it plugged up
hence the damage. 8.1 acres that I have to maintain.
I keep myself busy so I don't have time to think about
my loss not easy when you spend 56+ years with.
Retired in December 2020 and enjoy not having to go
to work as I have plenty to do here.
My wife didn't like the cold her arthristis bothered her in
Wisconsin and she enjoyed the weather here. If we got
snow or ice we just waited a day or two and it was gone.

willy

/ Do you ever get it all figured out or mostly figured out? #46  
I've only been to Big Springs a couple of times, but I kind of liked it. I moved to Texas in 1973 from Michigan. I haven't regreted it for a second. Ended up in Ft. Davis & I plan on being here until the end.

/ Do you ever get it all figured out or mostly figured out? #48  
My wife & I can to Texas form Wisconsin as the population in our home town have more people
laid off in the early 80's. I told my wife I will not
go on welfare as I can work so started making some
phone calls and Midland/Odessa Texas said come on
down plenty of work but when I got here the bottom
fell out of the oil field in Midland/Odessa so came to Big
Spring on Friday and was working on Monday Did a
lot of praying. Purchased some land and we started
building we had $150 to start to build a house because
we lost what we had. That was back in 82 since then
lost my wife in 2023 March and now trying to remodel
after all the water damage from the central air system
put in the attic the drain was so small that it plugged up
hence the damage. 8.1 acres that I have to maintain.
I keep myself busy so I don't have time to think about
my loss not easy when you spend 56+ years with.
Retired in December 2020 and enjoy not having to go
to work as I have plenty to do here.
My wife didn't like the cold her arthristis bothered her in
Wisconsin and she enjoyed the weather here. If we got
snow or ice we just waited a day or two and it was gone.

willy
Three of my daughters were born in Big Springs, used a midwife there when living in Seminole.

/ Do you ever get it all figured out or mostly figured out? #49  
I've only been to Big Springs a couple of times, but I kind of liked it. I moved to Texas in 1973 from Michigan. I haven't regreted it for a second. Ended up in Ft. Davis & I plan on being here until the end.
The Ft. Davis area is nice. We've been to the mountain top. Pretty amazing place.

I did enjoy the dark skies and stars.

/ Do you ever get it all figured out or mostly figured out? #50  
Going to also say that it seems to me that both the rate of change and the amount of change is increasing, and not necessarily for the good.