Do you hate your rotary cutter gearbox shield?

/ Do you hate your rotary cutter gearbox shield?
Here's some more fresh gearbox hood feedback!

"I installed one on a Woods finish mower gearbox, and one on a Landpride RCR brush cutter gearbox. Easy to install. Took longer to paint it. The cover removes from the mounting plate easily. Makes greasing the PTO shaft very easy. When I need to remove the PTO shaft from the gearbox to service it, I don’t have to reach through the small access holes on the old plastic cover and fight to release the coupler. Now I have full access. Very good idea and product." Tom from SC.

Another review from Moreno in TX!

"Cover was easy to install. No more fighting with the plastic cover just to add grease. Fit perfect on a land pride RCF 2060."

Some more fresh Gearbox Hood feedback from facebook!!
Travis

Frontier.JPG

We just love helping customers improve their attachments!

Here's Morris from Florida..

Any Gearbox Hood is a simple item. But I was so impressed how EA made a simple device even simpler. Pull one pin with no tools needed and the entire hood lifts off. This gives you complete access to the PTO clutch, U joint & shaft. Very well designed and fabricated. Looks great too. Good job guys!!!

Here's Bill from Alabama!

"Always aggravated and stressed out from trying to service ujoint on brush hog. The gear box hood is safe and convenient way to get access for servicing. Perfect fit and easy installation."

Another installed Xtreme Gearbox Hood has been spotted in the wild..
#ThanksTim #EAcustomersROCK
Travis

"The new cover fits the landpride rc2072 very well next cutter is definitely gonna be a EA tho !!"

369017243_6946839632016110_5722264102304275194_ns.jpg

/ Do you hate your rotary cutter gearbox shield? #77  
I seriously doubt the owner will wear out the LP shredder. Built like a tank. I have 2 of them, bat wing and flat back. I do like your hinged cover, I liked it so much I fabbed up my own.

Wow, here's an awesome video by DIY My Way, showing off our Xtreme Gearbox Hood. If you're out there, sir, THANK YOU so much for the business and efforts.
Travis

/ Do you hate your rotary cutter gearbox shield? #79  
"Do you hate your rotary cutter gearbox shield?"

No. Not at all. Doesn't bother me a single bit but then again, on this side of the pond, all implements have the standard 6 spline shaft, which means the yoke on the PTO shaft has either a collar or a spring pin that makes it very easy to just pull the shaft out, change the shear pin, put the shaft back in and keep on going, plus we get the right style of shear pin (pic #2) so changing the shear pin is a less than a minute task. Nice, simple and easy to use design.

In 2023, I still can't understand why manufacturers just don't adopt the standard 6 spline on implements. Opens so much more options for PTO shafts and avoids so many issues.

1679522932165.jpg
HTB1hE3VLXXXXXaXapXXq6xXFXXXh.jpg_350x350.jpg

"Do you hate your rotary cutter gearbox shield?"

No. Not at all. Doesn't bother me a single bit but then again, on this side of the pond, all implements have the standard 6 spline shaft, which means the yoke on the PTO shaft has either a collar or a spring pin that makes it very easy to just pull the shaft out, change the shear pin, put the shaft back in and keep on going, plus we get the right style of shear pin (pic #2) so changing the shear pin is a less than a minute task. Nice, simple and easy to use design.

In 2023, I still can't understand why manufacturers just don't adopt the standard 6 spline on implements. Opens so much more options for PTO shafts and avoids so many issues.

View attachment 827190 View attachment 827191

Even if the design of the shaft were like yours, the smaller clearance area around the shaft would still make it hard to access. I'm guessing the limited clearance is due to government regulations. You know, they care about our safety. :LOL:
Travis