Do you have issues with your new Ford SuperDuty?

/ Do you have issues with your new Ford SuperDuty? #11  
The Ford info on the 2017 model says the HD line is seeing it's first major redo in 18 years. From what I'm seeing, you should get a Major rebate if you are buying a 2016...the last of a long run before upgrade.

It really depends what the OP wants it for.

If it is for show, wait for the big model change.

If he wants it to haul stuff and tow stuff, I would far rather have the last of a long production run of successful trucks than the first of a new line.

/ Do you have issues with your new Ford SuperDuty?
. . . If he wants it to haul stuff and tow stuff, I would far rather have the last of a long production run of successful trucks than the first of a new line.
My thoughts exactly.

/ Do you have issues with your new Ford SuperDuty? #13  
2015 CCLB 4x4. And I don't have a lead foot.

/ Do you have issues with your new Ford SuperDuty? #14  
2015 CC Platinum 6.7 here... I'm very happy with it! Back seat space kinda sucks so I took out the plastic under the bench seat thingy to try to give more room with the seat bench up... Edge CTS in Monitor Mode for now btw... :)

ETA: 8ft bed with a Diamondback cover on it...

/ Do you have issues with your new Ford SuperDuty? #15  
I have a '15 F-450 pickup. 21,000 miles and it's been the best truck I've ever had. It replaced a '12 F-450 pickup and it was the second best truck I ever had.

/ Do you have issues with your new Ford SuperDuty? #16  
Generally, it is better to at least wait the second year on a new model vehicle. For one, to give them time to work any bugs out, and two, give you time to see what you want after looking at a few on the road. That said, I bought a 2002 BR [old body style ] Dodge Cummins H.O. 6 speed, the last of the model run. I also bought an 1991 John Deere 420 Onan air-cooled garden tractors right after the new Kawa water cooled models came out. New is great, but nothing wrong with old.....

/ Do you have issues with your new Ford SuperDuty? #17  
My neighbor has a 2012 with 135,000 miles. Zero issues to date.

/ Do you have issues with your new Ford SuperDuty? #18  
It's funny everyone has urged to stay away from the 6.0 Ford Diesel. I will give a real world example with the 6.0.

My father owns a pretty good size construction company with about 10 6.0 diesels. Every winter the driver of the truck is required to do maintenance on their trucks in the depths of the Wyoming winter. It's a way to keep the guys working during the cold times. A mechanic shows them what they need to do and then year after year the driver then becomes responsible for the maintenance. Every 6.0 got a coolant drain and fill each winter. It was discovered a long time ago the Ford Gold coolant is great stuff, for preventing cavitation. However the silicates that prevent that fall out of suspension after a while. These silicates clog the oil cooler and eventually take out the EGR cooler and then the head gasket. Having fresh coolant in the trucks, we never had clogged oil coolers, or blown EGR or head gaskets.

The 6.0 with maintenance have been some of the best trucks we have ever ordered. In fact a lot of them are getting some miles on them now and the drivers are hesitant to let them go.

In my observation, the trucks that get worked the hardest are the ones with the least engine problems. The most important thing is maintenance. No truck is going to work well, especially diesels, if an owner just changes the oil. These modern trucks need constant attention to the fuel. Water in the fuel will kill a modern truck faster than anything. Always draining the Fuel water separator is something hardly anyone does anymore. Fuel filters should not go longer than 10,000 or a year. Do not put on aftermarket air filters, they let too much dirt in and will pepper the compressor wheel on the turbo. A diesel truck needs a monitor to track oil temps, water temps and other important vital components.

I have access to all brands and engines, my favorite is the Ford 6.0. Nothing sounds better and pulls harder than a good healthy 6.0.

/ Do you have issues with your new Ford SuperDuty? #19  
I would suggest buying a lotto ticket then. Also, get out and drive some other products.

/ Do you have issues with your new Ford SuperDuty? #20  
It's funny everyone has urged to stay away from the 6.0 Ford Diesel. I will give a real world example with the 6.0. My father owns a pretty good size construction company with about 10 6.0 diesels. Every winter the driver of the truck is required to do maintenance on their trucks in the depths of the Wyoming winter. It's a way to keep the guys working during the cold times. A mechanic shows them what they need to do and then year after year the driver then becomes responsible for the maintenance. Every 6.0 got a coolant drain and fill each winter. It was discovered a long time ago the Ford Gold coolant is great stuff, for preventing cavitation. However the silicates that prevent that fall out of suspension after a while. These silicates clog the oil cooler and eventually take out the EGR cooler and then the head gasket. Having fresh coolant in the trucks, we never had clogged oil coolers, or blown EGR or head gaskets. The 6.0 with maintenance have been some of the best trucks we have ever ordered. In fact a lot of them are getting some miles on them now and the drivers are hesitant to let them go. In my observation, the trucks that get worked the hardest are the ones with the least engine problems. The most important thing is maintenance. No truck is going to work well, especially diesels, if an owner just changes the oil. These modern trucks need constant attention to the fuel. Water in the fuel will kill a modern truck faster than anything. Always draining the Fuel water separator is something hardly anyone does anymore. Fuel filters should not go longer than 10,000 or a year. Do not put on aftermarket air filters, they let too much dirt in and will pepper the compressor wheel on the turbo. A diesel truck needs a monitor to track oil temps, water temps and other important vital components. I have access to all brands and engines, my favorite is the Ford 6.0. Nothing sounds better and pulls harder than a good healthy 6.0.

I tend to agree with you. Both my 6L Fords were bullet proof with good maintenance.

They out worked, out pulled, and outlasted my GMC and Dodge Trucks.

Chris