Do you have issues with your new Ford SuperDuty?

/ Do you have issues with your new Ford SuperDuty? #21  
Major changes for the 2017 will be body/interior. It will still be a 6.7 just a few upgrades

/ Do you have issues with your new Ford SuperDuty? #22  
My neighbor has a 2012 with 135,000 miles. Zero issues to date.

LOL. Do you know anyone who has ever had a problem with a Ford vehicle?

And now we are going to discuss the 6.0 Ford as a fantastic motor. WOW.

I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't' have thier boots on as it's getting deep in this thread.

Ford 6.0 earned it's reputation.

/ Do you have issues with your new Ford SuperDuty? #23  
A friend of a friend manages a fleet of over 50 of these in west Texas. Says the actual motors have been bulletproof aside from a few sensors/check engine lights here and there.

My friend loves his truck 2015 F250 SRW 4x4 Platinum,$x$, but his cons are: rough ride, poor mileage, and "a pothole will almost jerk the wheel out of your hand like an old Willys Jeep." "But other than that, I love it" He's had one check engine light so far at 12,000. Can't remember what it was right now.

/ Do you have issues with your new Ford SuperDuty? #25  
LOL. Do you know anyone who has ever had a problem with a Ford vehicle?

And now we are going to discuss the 6.0 Ford as a fantastic motor. WOW.

I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't' have thier boots on as it's getting deep in this thread.

Ford 6.0 earned it's reputation.

I love guys like you. You keep the market on these things cheap. I'm always looking for low milage 6.0. Please never hold back that opinion of yours.

/ Do you have issues with your new Ford SuperDuty? #26  
I love guys like you. You keep the market on these things cheap. I'm always looking for low milage 6.0. Please never hold back that opinion of yours.

Us old school Dodge Cummin's ancient cast iron inline I6 folks feel both your pain, and your joy....... :)

Attachments

• CompareCummins.JPG
    CompareCummins.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
   / Do you have issues with your new Ford SuperDuty? #27  
A friend of a friend manages a fleet of over 50 of these in west Texas. Says the actual motors have been bulletproof aside from a few sensors/check engine lights here and there.

My friend loves his truck 2015 F250 SRW 4x4 Platinum,$x$, but his cons are: rough ride, poor mileage, and "a pothole will almost jerk the wheel out of your hand like an old Willys Jeep." "But other than that, I love it" He's had one check engine light so far at 12,000. Can't remember what it was right now.

... The pot holes around here can definitely persuade you to hold the wheel with both hands. ..Some can literally cause you to get thrown into another lane.. True story.

/ Do you have issues with your new Ford SuperDuty? #28  
Being that we somehow got stuck on the 6.0....here is a site that explains all of the issues. They have also been the focus of some law suits too.
The Biggest Problems With Power Stroke 6. Liter Diesel Engines | Diesel IQ

That's an interesting site. Lots of good info on the Cummins and the PS engines. It backs up everything Snobdds said about the 6.0, the issues, and how to prevent them with proper maintenance. It seems like every article that starts with positive comments regarding Ford's 6.7 ends up with someone wanting to talk about problems of the past. I guess that says a lot about the 6.7 being in it's 6th year of production and the negative comments are about an engine that was used 10 - 13 years ago.

/ Do you have issues with your new Ford SuperDuty? #29  
It's funny everyone has urged to stay away from the 6.0 Ford Diesel. I will give a real world example with the 6.0...

I have access to all brands and engines, my favorite is the Ford 6.0. Nothing sounds better and pulls harder than a good healthy 6.0.

Well, as a counterexample, I bought a 2004 6.0l Powerstroke F250 4years ago. I have about 75k miles and I put about 5k miles per year on it. Not a lot, and maybe this is the problem.

Anyway, I have taken it hunting for the past 3 years and every year it has been towed home from about 125 miles away. The first year It was also towed once while were were in elk camp, and once again after I got it home and presumable had it all fixed. That is 5 tows home in 3 years and 15,000 miles. I change oil at 5000 miles, always Rotella T-6 synthetic, which is pretty good oil.

I would sell it in a heartbeat except that when I hunt with a vehicle that usually involves driving it through some pretty heavy brush which destroys the paint job. So, my project this year is "bulletproofing" the engine, which is in pieces in my garage right now. New heads, new oil cooler, new EGR cooler, new High pressure oil pump, and new head bolts. Also long-life coolant. We will see if this improves reliability, but the only thing I have been able to rely on previously is that it will get towed home.

/ Do you have issues with your new Ford SuperDuty? #30  
Mileage could be better. 3.55 and average 14 over last year and a half.

By buddy has a '15 SRW F350 and although he loves the truck, he says MPGs are the pits.. He says he's only getting like 14 mpg too. Best he says he can get is about 17mpg on the hwy, completely empty and feathering the go pedal. He blames it on the 20" wheels... I say hog wash, it's the programming of the ECU to make the truck respond more like a car.

I've put on aftermarket larger AT tires on my '14 Ram 3500 and I still get better MPGs than him. My issue with my truck is that it's a slug off the line... Throttle response is bad ... but I do get better MPGs.