Do you know what the purple paint law is?

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #31  
The way I was raised (in Vermont in the '60's) if it wasn't posted you were free to wander as long as you didn't take anything (other than legal wildlife), leave anything, damage anything.
Most often our "business" would be fishing little trout streams. But often it would be sledding or general hiking about.
To be honest, this reminded me that my brothers and I all even avoided going on the parts of our parent's property that were leased out for farming .... at least when the crops were planted and growing.

Can't remember if we were ever told not to, or just came to the conclusion it was probably a good idea to avoid it on our own. Either way, on occasion it be came apparent that not all the farm-hands/help doing the work were paying much attention to what was going on around them .... and especially not if it wasn't part of what they were trying to do. 🤷‍♂️

Different times & different places ....though with the increase usage of heavy equipment and speed at which work can be done in ways it makes sense to avoid a property where the going-on's may not be known.

Toss in the decreasing lack of sense many seem to have when it comes to forestry, agriculture, construction and mining work and it's not hard to see how even non-malicious trespassers could quickly put themselves in danger on a persons property. ..even when/where there was no intent to trap or injure them.

Not trying to say one perspective is better than the other, just interesting to consider how different different parts of the US are still different (in the other than blatantly obvious ways).

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #32  
In Texas, if the land has an agricultural valuation and is fenced; climbing over a fence is a class B misdemeanor, if u climb over with a firearm it is a felony.

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is?
I live in N.H. and had no idea we had such a law here until just now. Indeed, before reading this thread I had no idea what a "purple paint law" was...had never heard of it before, had to Google the term. I'll bet 99% of the population doesn't know either.
Likewise, I had absolutely no clue about this law until this morning and I had to google it.

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #34  
I found these 11 states with a purple paint law in a search but I don't know how accurate it is.

Louisiana, Kansas, Arizona, Montana, Arkansas, Idaho, Florida, Maine, North Carolina, Missouri and Illinois

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #36  
I found these 11 states with a purple paint law in a search but I don't know how accurate it is.

Louisiana, Kansas, Arizona, Montana, Arkansas, Idaho, Florida, Maine, North Carolina, Missouri and Illinois
Indiana isn't on the list. We've had it for a few years.

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #37  
I found a list of 15 states.

Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Maine, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #38  
I found a list of 15 states.

Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Maine, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas

Florida will pass the law this year.

MoKelly

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #39  
Here in WA - on my 80 acres - it's white paint every 14'. Fourteen feet is the spacing between the T-145 steel posts on my barbed wire fence line. WHITE is the color the tops of the posts are painted.

You don't like that - explain it to the County Sheriff.