Do you remember the day it was delivered?

/ Do you remember the day it was delivered? #11  
My wife got tired of all my research and indecision. "just buy it. You know it's a good deal" so I did. That was summer 07. Don't have pic of the day the 790 came home on my trailer. It's been replaced since and that was another great day. This pic is picking up my dads new 4720. That was a fine moment for both of us! Good memories!!

Attachments

• image-1191564326.png
    image-1191564326.png
    855.7 KB · Views: 165
   / Do you remember the day it was delivered? #12  
yes i remember the day i bought it an the day it was delivered very well.a buddy wanted me to go with him todo some business an look at cutters since he knows i love looking at new equipment an i know equipment pretty good.so as a joke we looked at the MX5100 HST 4x4 with the LA844 quicktach loaders.got a price both ways from salesmen.i told him i was buying the tractor on the way home.he goes your mom will kill you if you do.so told her what i was gonna do,an after going over me being cheap,she said get the loader on it so i did.it was delivered oct 28th 2010.

/ Do you remember the day it was delivered? #13  
My dealer drove my tractor down our long driveway. It was pretty exciting to hear it coming into sight. What was kind of neat is that some coyotes starting howling from only a few hundred yards away as we went over the tractor. I guess they were welcoming the newest member of the pack!:laughing:

/ Do you remember the day it was delivered?
:eek: I did a dumb thing and didn't consult with the Mrs before buying the Case in 1982. When she drove up the driveway with the MIL, I was in big doo-doo as I mowed along. And "Dang", that cold steel was hard to sleep on. Although we were happily married for 48 years, I waited until she passed on before buying the Kubota. But I bet she is happy for me.:thumbsup:

I'm glad I started this thread. This one especially, touched my heart. Thanks for sharing.

Mine hitched a ride with a larger tractor delivered to my neighbor. I have put a lot of hours on both of these machines.

DanD

I notice that your dog was in the picture also.... My dog, the red one, loved to run along side of me while I was getting some seat time. He passed on 2 months ago at the age of 16 1/2 years. I sure miss him following me around.

/ Do you remember the day it was delivered? #16  
I remember my day quite well.
First, I delivered it myself. Bought off eBay 200 miles away.
Second, I saved sales tax because my cousin loaded it on his trailer for me and became my "shipper" and I'm out of state.
Third, I picked it up on the way home from bringing my son to college.
Fourth, it was only the end of August. :)

And fifth, my wife *TOLD* me to get it. So my auction bid lasted all of a minute:48 and I had me a tractor. :laughing:

DSC01382.jpg

/ Do you remember the day it was delivered? #17  
For the $600 the dealer wanted for delivery I went and got it. I declared the following day as a mental health day. Got up early went out to the barn and checked all fluids, greased it and my 7ft Woods mower. Hooked up the mower and started mowing. I remember how sweet that MF 45 horse diesel was compared to my MF 35 gas. I mowed our fields and lawn, then mowed the neighbors place.
Must have put in 6 or 7 hours seat time. 9 years later it still runs strong.

For the $600 the dealer wanted for delivery I went and got it. I declared the following day as a mental health day. Got up early went out to the barn and checked all fluids, greased it and my 7ft Woods mower. Hooked up the mower and started mowing. I remember how sweet that MF 45 horse diesel was compared to my MF 35 gas. I mowed our fields and lawn, then mowed the neighbors place.
Must have put in 6 or 7 hours seat time. 9 years later it still runs strong.

Jeeez...your dealer must have been several hundred miles out! Mine was delivered for free. Outside of that, it's hard to get off a new tractor. I can understand wanting to mow the neighbors yard as well. Maybe you'll get an extra Christmas gift!

/ Do you remember the day it was delivered? #19  
Borrowed a trailer from dealer to bring home our new TC30 in 2005 . Had a used 757C backhoe attached with a new 951 hog loaded into the pick-up .

First thing I had to do was play with the backhoe . A couple of minutes to un-chain tractor and back it off trailer , then reached up hill with the backhoe just to get the feel for it , unfortunately when retracting , I got confused with the controls and swung the boom / bucket left and snapped off the water spigot that was there .:(

Oh boy , only had tractor on property for 10 minutes and I already have to repair something .:cool:

Since then , around 650 hours and the amount of time / hours it has saved us in doing work on our place as more than paid for itself even if we figured our pay at minimum wage .

Fred H.

/ Do you remember the day it was delivered? #20  
I remember the day quite well...

Attachments

• 000_0001.JPG
    000_0001.JPG
    398.6 KB · Views: 141