Dodge 2005 - 2500 Diesel

/ Dodge 2005 - 2500 Diesel #71  
Man, what a deal. I'm glad you got it fixed. Sometimes the easiest thing is hard to find. I'm sure someone just plugged it together, and maybe it went together a little hard, and boom, there is a problem that is next to impossible to find.

I am a land surveyor, and a lot of our equipment had electircal stuff that plugs together, our GPS system has the most. I have used a magnifying glass to look at these connections when we start to have problems.

/ Dodge 2005 - 2500 Diesel #72  
I am a land surveyor, and a lot of our equipment had electircal stuff that plugs together, our GPS system has the most. I have used a magnifying glass to look at these connections when we start to have problems.

Get with the times man, all my Trimble R8 GPS stuff is Bluetooth, no connections! :D

alpaca-farmer, it's unfortunate what a hassle this has been for you. With a diesel truck or any newer vehicle, it's very important to have a capable mechanic. I am sure that Dodge will give you many years of service now. :cool:

/ Dodge 2005 - 2500 Diesel #73  
Silly question but I need to ask...the burnout yard ??? I thought the truck was left in the city the whole time this all took place so how did his yard get burnt from the lighting which hit the truck? :confused: Is he maybe just trashing the brand by all this 5 months and 7k repairs?? Guess I think to much!! :eek:

/ Dodge 2005 - 2500 Diesel #74  
Im glad your up and running again.....

/ Dodge 2005 - 2500 Diesel
Silly question but I need to ask...the burnout yard ??? I thought the truck was left in the city the whole time this all took place so how did his yard get burnt from the lighting which hit the truck? :confused: Is he maybe just trashing the brand by all this 5 months and 7k repairs?? Guess I think to much!! :eek:

My apologies I meant the yard/grass was dried/burnt around the truck and there was no true reasoning except during an electrical strike. Sorry for the confusion - yes we live in the city the truck was in my drive the entire time prior to it not running any further.

/ Dodge 2005 - 2500 Diesel #76  
My apologies I meant the yard/grass was dried/burnt around the truck and there was no true reasoning except during an electrical strike. Sorry for the confusion - yes we live in the city the truck was in my drive the entire time prior to it not running any further.
Well glad your running again I just don't care for people cutting down other brands I know everyone has an opinion including myself not to say anyone is right or wrong I've owned them all!!! Hope it keeps running strong now and your problems are past you!:)

/ Dodge 2005 - 2500 Diesel #77  
I have the same truck so it was a good read - hope it never happens to anyone else....

/ Dodge 2005 - 2500 Diesel #78  
I know this is too late for this thread but here is a good website for all Dodge/Cummins owners, go to the Discussion forums. It may help someone else out in the future.

Turbo Diesel Register

/ Dodge 2005 - 2500 Diesel
I'm backkkkk...yah need a boo finger not this :thumbsup:

Anway so still having issues with this truck...all of a sudden the electrics are going haywire again, and there are no "openings" for anyone to look at it in the near future. The dealer we took it to doesn't have their diesel tech around right now (yah murder).

Anyway...it won't go over 50mph. There is no code showing - it just won't go over 50mph with no matter what amount of 'force'. BUT oddly sometimes it will, and then not, and then will. Sounds like a faulty wire connection but we're taken it apart all the connections/brushed them/lubed and it ran great for a week and now it's back to this again.

Hope maybe someone has some sort of experience with this sort of a situation as we're at wits end with it...starting to feel like I should take a loss on it and trade it in but can't till it's fixed. Love this truck when it's running good.

/ Dodge 2005 - 2500 Diesel #80  
I'm backkkkk...yah need a boo finger not this :thumbsup:

Anway so still having issues with this truck...all of a sudden the electrics are going haywire again, and there are no "openings" for anyone to look at it in the near future. The dealer we took it to doesn't have their diesel tech around right now (yah murder).

Anyway...it won't go over 50mph. There is no code showing - it just won't go over 50mph with no matter what amount of 'force'. BUT oddly sometimes it will, and then not, and then will. Sounds like a faulty wire connection but we're taken it apart all the connections/brushed them/lubed and it ran great for a week and now it's back to this again.

Hope maybe someone has some sort of experience with this sort of a situation as we're at wits end with it...starting to feel like I should take a loss on it and trade it in but can't till it's fixed. Love this truck when it's running good.

I hate to say it but electrical problems are a pain. You may just be having something break down with heat. I had a Chevy V8 gas engine that would not run well above 3,500 rpm. Anyway, lots of time and money later it was the ignition module. They replace everything in the fuel system including the tank. Plugs, wires, ect, ect.

I think I would trade it off and let someone else deal with it. All 3 manufactures have some interesting trucks right now. I would look at the new Ford's personally. Bad part is the new truck being sold today do not get the mpg's you get. If you can wait till early summer the new Ford and GM trucks will be out.

Chris