Does anybody follow the Olympics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Does anybody follow the Olympics? #13  
I’ve been watching them quite a bit. The coverage is what I would call fair.

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #14  
With 150,000 condoms being handed out at the olympics, they must be expected an awful lot of friendly get togethers, considering only one is used up per couple. Probably be a lot of momentos being taken home as a rememberance to the Tokyo Olympics.

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #15  
If the political correctness and gender controversies are not enough...the questionable use of PEDs and lack of ability to detect some have turned the olympics into a five ring (multi-colored) circus...!

IMO...The olympics should be about the best individual athletes in competition against other individuals...personally I don't see a place for team sports in the olympics...there are plenty of other world class competitions for team sports...

As for golf in the olympics...how silly...! Anyone that knows anything about golf knows a golfer's game cycles...i.e., they do not always have "their A game"...so IMO regardless of who is competing the golfers that are at the top of their games during the "games" are most likely to win even if there are better golfers who are competing or not and are not at the top of their game...
I.e., just because some golfer wins an olympic gold medal hardly makes them the best golfer in the world...!

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #18  
Younever
like Simone Byles, I got too stressed out, so I quit the olympics.
Ever work with the younger generation?(not universal but most) They get stressed out for having to get up in the morning. God forbid if they get reprimanded.

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #19  
The actual races are pretty interesting (track, swimming, etc.) Some of the other events will blow you away with skill (shooting, archery). However, most of the team sports, such as basketball, soccer (football) etc are just weird side shows to the real events. And, does anyone really understand fencing as a sport?

As an aside, water polo is really weird. Like old time football (before rules) in the water.

/ Does anybody follow the Olympics? #20  
When did surfing, 6 player basketball, and skateboarding become "sports"? 🏅

Watching the Olympics without a DVR is a PITA since there are at least 20+ commercials every 10 minutes to be skipped over!

Oh, by the way, what the heck is ROC? 🇷🇺

Status
Not open for further replies.