Does exhaust pipe tubing have any protective coating?

/ Does exhaust pipe tubing have any protective coating? #21  
OP ... you're looking for 1-1/4 schedule 5 tubing. OD = 1.66" wall = .065 Call a fab shop that deals with tubing for a drop length.

/ Does exhaust pipe tubing have any protective coating? #22  
OP here.

I'll call the locals. I need 1 5/8" OD SS w/.065 wall which is common online but probably a long shot locally. Summit was the place that wanted my zip code but wouldn't allow me to enter it. I'll try those other two.

No speed shops around here that I know of or that have a website.

Thanks.

I tried the Summit site just now and the zip code worked for estimates. Maybe it was down the other day. Anyway, I put a 5' tube in my cart which sells for $20, and the shipping, handling, and tax added $23 for my zip in Ohio. I changed the zip to one in SW Indiana and it was the same price except for the tax that was a few cents different. That gives you a base line for price in case you find some tubing at a fab shop locally.

/ Does exhaust pipe tubing have any protective coating?
I tried the Summit site just now and the zip code worked for estimates. Maybe it was down the other day. Anyway, I put a 5' tube in my cart which sells for $20, and the shipping, handling, and tax added $23 for my zip in Ohio. I changed the zip to one in SW Indiana and it was the same price except for the tax that was a few cents different. That gives you a base line for price in case you find some tubing at a fab shop locally.

Thank you for the help, Ford850. I'll try them again.

Local muffler shop offered to order the SS but only a full length. Still, it might not be much more if it comes in on their regular shipment.

/ Does exhaust pipe tubing have any protective coating?
OP ... you're looking for 1-1/4 schedule 5 tubing. OD = 1.66" wall = .065 Call a fab shop that deals with tubing for a drop length.

That would work since it's general purpose stock without the surface pollution. I hadn't seen that designation when searching. Good idea. Thank you.