Does woven wire horse fence exist anymore?

/ Does woven wire horse fence exist anymore?
I went to 4 stores to find 1x6 Hardie trim on Thursday. 3 hours running around and not getting any work done. I found a dozen of them in a store half an hour away. I cannot find 6/3 wire or conduit bigger then one inch. I bought the last two tubes of Liquid Nails last week. I bought the last can of flat white ceiling paint in all of Tyler the week before. I paid $85 for a can of some ugly shade of beige paint to match a hole in a wall in a house that was going on the market. I barely used any of it. I've had to use 3/8's sheetrock because I couldn't find half inch anywhere to make a repair and then build it up with mud.

The other day, the big door was open in back of Home Depot and I could see a hundred pallets of stuff for the store, but there are bare shelves all over the store. They cannot find anybody to work nights to stock the store, so it's a nightmare trying to get around while the day shift works on stocking while people are shopping. If you need something, and it's behind the store, they will go find it, but you have to wait an hour for that person to find it.

/ Does woven wire horse fence exist anymore? #22  
My niece is home from college... the expense and remote learning even with scholarship wasn't doing it for her...

She applied at Costco and hired immediately... about as on the spot as you can get...

Two years ago she had friends that applied and it was a drawn out process...

They have her working restocking night including Sunday...

She is happy with the money and picking up extra hours...

I learned first hand more jobs than people that want them...

One of her High School friends she reached out to said she doesn't want to be tied down to a job???

I'm sure years from now lots of studies will be done regarding this...

I'm not sure leaving school is the best in her Junior year but taking most of your classes on a laptop and paying housing and other expenses made her question the whole thing...

You are probably better informed on medical...

Medical experiencing strikes from RN, Engineering, etc in several medical systems plus people resigning over mandatory vaccination... Staff including Docs are simply retiring... some to country property with tractors... not the norm for late 50' early 60's.

RN are upset that due to shortage traveling nurses being hired at much higher pay than regular nurses.

Travelors can make 5 to 6k a week next to employee nurses making half that...

/ Does woven wire horse fence exist anymore? #23  
My BSN-RN daughter said the same thing. The higher pay is because they are contractors. Responsible for both parts of payroll taxes and their own benefits. They still make a bunch of money, but it is what the market bears.

/ Does woven wire horse fence exist anymore? #24  
I went to 4 stores to find 1x6 Hardie trim on Thursday. 3 hours running around and not getting any work done. I found a dozen of them in a store half an hour away. I cannot find 6/3 wire or conduit bigger then one inch. I bought the last two tubes of Liquid Nails last week. I bought the last can of flat white ceiling paint in all of Tyler the week before. I paid $85 for a can of some ugly shade of beige paint to match a hole in a wall in a house that was going on the market. I barely used any of it. I've had to use 3/8's sheetrock because I couldn't find half inch anywhere to make a repair and then build it up with mud.

The other day, the big door was open in back of Home Depot and I could see a hundred pallets of stuff for the store, but there are bare shelves all over the store. They cannot find anybody to work nights to stock the store, so it's a nightmare trying to get around while the day shift works on stocking while people are shopping. If you need something, and it's behind the store, they will go find it, but you have to wait an hour for that person to find it.
We live in a crazy, mixed up world...

/ Does woven wire horse fence exist anymore? #25  
My BSN-RN daughter said the same thing. The higher pay is because they are contractors. Responsible for both parts of payroll taxes and their own benefits. They still make a bunch of money, but it is what the market bears.
Also part of compensation not counted as income...

I'm not a CPA or HR but the switch is breaking the back of many stand alone facilities...

As Eddie alluded to there are many factors affecting the supply chain including finding/retaining labor, transportation, inventory...

/ Does woven wire horse fence exist anymore? #26  
@EddieWalker. If you had a list earlier, I could have picked some stuff up for you out here (FW). I'll be in Tyler in the morning.

Thank you, I appreciate the offer. I just got my corners marked the other day and I've picked up a few posts to get started on my fence. I'm still a long way away from "needing" the fencing. I'm just kind of in shock that it's become so hard to find all of a sudden. I bought several rolls a few months ago to fence in my vegetable garden because one of my dogs decided it was fun to dig out everything we planted. There was plenty of it available then. Now the places where it used to sit in the stores are all empty. In the back of my brain, I'm sort of thinking, wishing, that it will all show up one day and something else will disappear for awhile. That sort of seems to be the pattern. Just start looking for it now, buy as much as you can if it's available, or wait until it shows up, and then buy as much as you can afford. It's what it is.

My wife said that contract nurses are being paid $200 an hour. Nursing students are starting out at $25 to $50 an hour, depending on where they go to work, and what they are doing. If you are willing to move to a small town in West Texas, you can make six figures your first year, have all your moving expenses paid, and some help with housing.

Medical care is going to get VERY EXPENSIVE real soon!!!!

/ Does woven wire horse fence exist anymore? #29  
It’s already crazy expensive

I just spoke to my neighbor and the good news is that he agrees with where the corners are marked. That's was a concern, especially since the line isn't where we thought it was, and it's where we both thought was his land. He also offered to help clear the fence line, and said that he was fine with me taking out trees on his side of the line to open it up. I want him to mow his side of the fence, he wants more sunshine for the grass to grow on his side. win win!!!