Does woven wire horse fence exist anymore?

/ Does woven wire horse fence exist anymore?
Thanks for the link. It's $259 at my local Lowes, Atwood's, and Tractor Supply when it's in stock. The website lists it for $385 for the same thing. The 100 foot rolls are $166 and I'm probably going to buy a few of those since that's all I've found. There is one roll each in two local Lowes. But that won't accomplish very much other then keeping me busy for a little bit.

My new reality is paying a lot more for something, if you can even find it.
I'm quoting myself because of the huge price increase. Lowes has been sold out of horse fence for awhile, so I've been going to Tractor Supply and buying 200 foot rolls of 4 foot tall 2x4 Oklahoma Brand no climb horse fence for $264 each.

I just got an email from Lowes that they have 100 foot rolls of 2x4 Red Brand no climb horse fence for $219, or $66 more per roll in just a couple of months.

I'm hoping that Tractor Supply will maintain their pricing, but in my experience, they are usually a couple bucks more then everyone else.

Fencing is something that I will have to buy, no matter what, so this is really disappointing that I will have to spend so much more money for it!!!

/ Does woven wire horse fence exist anymore? #42  
All steel prices have risen drastically. Sheet steel is almost 2x what it cost a year ago.

/ Does woven wire horse fence exist anymore? #44  
Go in there and talk about Mills Fleet Farm....apparently they used to be the same and had a bad split.

Unfortunately, they are not down here.

/ Does woven wire horse fence exist anymore? #45  
   / Does woven wire horse fence exist anymore? #46  
The Lowes around here have it, 7 rolls at Somerset alone, but yes the price has gone up since I bought last.

/ Does woven wire horse fence exist anymore? #47  
For our horses we have two areas that they run, one is pasture that they are on starting mid-April until mid-October and that is fenced with 3 board vinyl. The other is a wooded area that they run on during the winter months and whenever grass is not available, that area is fenced with the electric ribbon fence, and it works great. The only time I have an issue is when a tree falls down or on the rare occasion that a deer takes it down.

/ Does woven wire horse fence exist anymore? #48  
Once I bought an 18 wheeler load of net wire on pallets. 350 bucks. We fenced our place and everybody else fenced their place. Some of it was thick wire. I just built a corral and welded some of that net wire on some places. I'd say maybe 10 GA wire. Some rolls were over 4' in diameter. Heavy as all get out.

/ Does woven wire horse fence exist anymore? #49  
Do folks have local co-ops? That's were I got my fencing: not a regular stocked item but it was from one of their suppliers in which case shipping costs were blended in with other stuff; I did get most of my posts from TSC (and bulk of various hardware from Kencove).

Stuff will increasingly be less affordable. Earlier in the year I was thinking I could afford to build a house (but mostly my own labor) but now prices are up such that I'm starting to backpedal from this notion. I suppose I can take solace in being fortunate enough to have been able to do the fencing.

Last edited:
   / Does woven wire horse fence exist anymore?
For our horses we have two areas that they run, one is pasture that they are on starting mid-April until mid-October and that is fenced with 3 board vinyl. The other is a wooded area that they run on during the winter months and whenever grass is not available, that area is fenced with the electric ribbon fence, and it works great. The only time I have an issue is when a tree falls down or on the rare occasion that a deer takes it down.
I started out with white vinyl 3 rail fencing. I really like the look of it, but it's proven to not be very good for livestock. I have horses and goats, and plan to get a few steers when I have more of my place fenced in. The vinyl fence is about 5 acres with a small pond and my barn. In the last 15 years, it's started to all apart. Pieces of the rail and posts, where they come together, are breakign off. I've shot rocks through my lawn mower the went right through the rails. The side that doesn't get sun has become dark with algae.

Then I fenced in 7 acres with three rows of electric white ribbon. It's not very attractive, but the horse respect it. The goats walk right through it, so I have to keep the goats in the 3 rail fence pasture and lock the gate when the horses are in the electric pasture.

Both of those fences are nearing the end of their useful life. The white ribbon came from Kencove and it's pretty good, but it's also growing algae, and I'm constantly pulling branches off of it.

My new fence will not have any trees over it, or even close to it. I'm going to eventually remove the vinyl fence and use it along the front road for a nice look, but not to keep animals in.

My plan is to have 5 pastures. One for feeding the animals, where the small pond is and my barn. Four pastures will be for rotating them for grazing. Each of the four pastures will be connected to the feeding pasture. I have 68 acres and each grazing pasture will be around 14 acres. I'm hoping to have one grazing pasture done next year, and then add another one every year.