Does your hood catch on dash?

/ Does your hood catch on dash? #1  

diesel_nut

Gold Member
Tractor
~'88 1872(sold); '08 GT2554
The rear of my hood catches on the front of the 'dash board' when I try to lift the hood. I tried a remedy with some success but I think it's gonna take a few treatments before it is fixed for good. If I have to say: "watch the heat gun as it may melt your hood..............."
A hair dryer should work just as well and be safer as far as meltdown potential goes :)

IMG00242-20090328-10371.jpg

/ Does your hood catch on dash? #2  
all good here... no hood probs

/ Does your hood catch on dash? #3  
I see you pulled your top cover off the hood... have considered pulling mine... was wondering why they put the cover on it??? Too many vents and dont look so good? Air flow? Dust cover?
I think I will leave mine for now and keep an eye on the amount of heat in teh engine compartment...

/ Does your hood catch on dash? #4  
I would have your dealer get you a new hood, and possibly mounting frame. There's no adjustability to them, so something must be wrong.

/ Does your hood catch on dash?
I see you pulled your top cover off the hood... have considered pulling mine... was wondering why they put the cover on it??? Too many vents and dont look so good? Air flow? Dust cover?
I think I will leave mine for now and keep an eye on the amount of heat in teh engine compartment...

Came like that.

/ Does your hood catch on dash?
I would have your dealer get you a new hood, and possibly mounting frame. There's no adjustability to them, so something must be wrong.

It doesn't catch all that bad, just a little. Trying to overt future problems. I think I can fix it without having to bother the dealer(he's trying to sell my old tractor right now and I don't want to be a pest if you know what I mean)

/ Does your hood catch on dash? #7  

I think I'd have them replace it. With all the posts I have read on here about the hood issues. You paid good money for your machine so let the dealer stand behind it.

Michael