Dog Food recommendations

/ Dog Food recommendations #11  
We're picking up a new rescue dog next Saturday after the mandatory spay. A smallish lab mix, maybe 35-40#. Very laid back. Been many years since either of us has had a dog.

What does the TBN brain trust recommend for a good dog food? I know, kinda like asking "what oil should I use"! I did a search and looked in threads back a year or so, but didn't see anything. Evidently I've forgotten how to do a search using TWO keywords. She's wanting Blue Buffalo. I'm think something a little less "designer ($)".

Purina Pro Plan which you can get at your local Fleet or feed store.

https://www.proplan.com/dogs/compare

/ Dog Food recommendations #12  
my wife is a dietitian and, as such, our pups' diets are taken pretty seriously. she suggests taking some time to browse Dog Food Advisor.

/ Dog Food recommendations #13  
We're picking up a new rescue dog next Saturday after the mandatory spay. A smallish lab mix, maybe 35-40#. Very laid back. Been many years since either of us has had a dog.

What does the TBN brain trust recommend for a good dog food? I know, kinda like asking "what oil should I use"! I did a search and looked in threads back a year or so, but didn't see anything. Evidently I've forgotten how to do a search using TWO keywords. She's wanting Blue Buffalo. I'm think something a little less "designer ($)".
Blue buffalo or Taste of the wild for our dog

Attachments

• 035.JPG
    035.JPG
    979.2 KB · Views: 103
   / Dog Food recommendations #14  

Our Bonnie, English Black Lab, had runny stools from Blue Buffalo. Too much protein is what the vet said. We got turned onto Fromm. They are a small family-owned company from Wisconsin. Top notch stuff as far I am concerned. Bonnie never has had any GI issues what-so-ever. Pletny of good ones out there, but Fromm gets my vote!

/ Dog Food recommendations #15  
Brew up your own dog food. Cost will be equivalent or less than factory stuff. Vegetables, beans, rice, potatoes, turnips and whatever meat is on sale. It's all cut up small or dawg will have sniff and separate moment.

To test it out place a bowl of factory chow and the home cooked brew and see which dawg cleans up first.

/ Dog Food recommendations #16  
Our Bonnie, English Black Lab, had runny stools from Blue Buffalo. Too much protein is what the vet said. We got turned onto Fromm. They are a small family-owned company from Wisconsin. Top notch stuff as far I am concerned. Bonnie never has had any GI issues what-so-ever. Pletny of good ones out there, but Fromm gets my vote!

Just like people, you want a diet with more fat, then protein, and few carbs.

/ Dog Food recommendations #18  

I recommend nothing. You need to consult a vet for nutritional assistance, not people on a website.

/ Dog Food recommendations #19  
I recommend nothing. You need to consult a vet for nutritional assistance, not people on a website.

HEY, We Resemble That!!!!!! :D

/ Dog Food recommendations #20  
I use Blue Buffalo limited ingredients due to allergies resulting in hair loss. I figured that was easier than determining the exact allergy. I supplement with quality cooked meat and veggies and some sweet potato.

Whenever I drop a piece of lettuce, celery or carrot in the kitchen I don't have to worry about picking it up. It's not cooked and seems to right through but I don't drop much either.