Dog pics

/ Dog pics #4,391  
Molly on our daily hike.

85D89327-1D98-4CAA-AE9C-ECE7F7C8E0CB.jpeg

/ Dog pics #4,392  
Does anybody know anything about Kelpie's? This is my brothers dog, who passed away last week. She is the first Kelpie that I've ever seen. I never heard of the breed before. AKC doesn't recognize the breed, so there isn't any AKC paperwork for her. We are still going through his papers, so maybe we'll find something on the breeder.

Two neighbors of his told us that she was a puppy last year. Another neighbor said that he's had for for 5 years. We called his vet and he said that she was 8 years old. She is very energetic, smart, alert and fast. She does not answer to her name, Sam, but I'm not convinced that's her name. Nobody has said that he had another Kelpie, so this could be an 8 year old girl named Sam, that doesn't like her name.

We have an expert coming out tomorrow, and I've been asking everyone who knew him about her, but so far, they just know that she has been there, but not much else.

311568340_10228817149196240_4391577825385046463_n.jpg

/ Dog pics #4,393  
Here's what I could find using Google.

Looks like an Australian breed used for sheep.

Screenshot_20221012-103850_Samsung%20Internet.jpg

/ Dog pics #4,394  
With it being highly intelligent, you'll probably need to involve a trainer and give it a job.

/ Dog pics #4,395  
We have goats, and our plan is to bring my brothers cattle here, but that probably wont happen until Spring. She actually shakes while looking at me when the cattle are close by. I know that she is wanting me to give her the command to do something, I just haven't learned them yet. I'm watching YouTube videos on the breed, but I forget the commands as soon as I turn off the TV. I'm going to search for them online and print them out. I need a cheat sheet for this.

/ Dog pics #4,396  
Does anybody know anything about Kelpie's? This is my brothers dog, who passed away last week. She is the first Kelpie that I've ever seen. I never heard of the breed before. AKC doesn't recognize the breed, so there isn't any AKC paperwork for her. We are still going through his papers, so maybe we'll find something on the breeder.

Two neighbors of his told us that she was a puppy last year. Another neighbor said that he's had for for 5 years. We called his vet and he said that she was 8 years old. She is very energetic, smart, alert and fast. She does not answer to her name, Sam, but I'm not convinced that's her name. Nobody has said that he had another Kelpie, so this could be an 8 year old girl named Sam, that doesn't like her name.

We have an expert coming out tomorrow, and I've been asking everyone who knew him about her, but so far, they just know that she has been there, but not much else.

View attachment 766105
Sorry to hear about your brother

/ Dog pics #4,397  
Kelpies are similar to cattle dogs and stumpy tailed cattle dogs. I have had both and they can be head strong. Both heeled, and the current stumpy is a hard biter.

/ Dog pics #4,399  

View attachment 766105
Here is one.
P1130031.jpg