Dog pics

/ Dog pics #2,541  
The ones we currently have came to us later in their lives and I'm still trying to teach the coon dog how to just sit LOL

My border collie will do just about anything I tell her, the most obedient dog I have ever had. The trouble is more that she will not stop doing what I do not want her to do. There is some sort of diode or check valve in her head that only accepts positive commands, hers or mine.

Actually she will stop doing things I do not want her to do when I am present. It is when I am not present that is the issue (like getting knocking over the garbage).

I once called her off a rabbit at 5 feet. The dang rabbit also stopped, turned around and ran through her legs the other direction. Ever since when she sees a rabbit she looks at me for direction. The heeler just goes after the rabbit.

/ Dog pics #2,542  
Cool list but where's the dumb section as I have seen some that are lacking smarts....lol.

I have a German Shepherd and Yellow lab, seem to be on the high side of the list. The GS will sit and wait for food and we can tell her to back-up if she is too close. The lab will sit and wait but she fidgets and drools while waiting, funny to watch. Now if we could just keep the GS off the beds, she heads straight for one when spooked by something like a loud noise, especially fireworks. The lab we can't let out unleashed as she will follow her nose and ignore us.

/ Dog pics #2,543  
Our Border Collie waiting for my command to eat her kibble and leftover turkey from Christmas. She is the only dog we have that is willing to wait to be told to eat. I tease her with words that sound similar such as meat, seat, beat, treat, etc and she is able to wait for the word eat.
View attachment 584940

I was too slow with the phone cam but she was getting the border collie eye going on a bull off to the left.
D6126E88-B8D0-4633-A7FC-9A09BCEF5D35.jpeg

/ Dog pics #2,545  
Someone is taking a timeout for giving me a big wet sloppy kiss when I was putting on my boots.
E04BB6EA-E657-4FE7-938C-4613722F6C02.jpeg

/ Dog pics #2,548  
This was my first time letting the new dog Red off of the leash. He and old girl Angel ran hard and played hard and he never tried to leave nor did he try to go up the hill to the street. He does have a shock collar on.... Just in case. I never touched it.20190105_075934.jpeg20190105_075924.jpeg

/ Dog pics #2,549  
The puppy likes playing in the mud.

And finally the females have started playing and wrestling with him.20181208_120418.jpeg

/ Dog pics #2,550  
Red and Angel playing in the first belated snow this winter. It's been an odd winter in Western Pennsylvania...20190114_170045.jpeg