Dog pics

/ Dog pics #4,751  
At least yours might bring a ball. Throw a ball or anything to one of mine and it will hit them square between the eyes, won't even blink. Now you want to fight and wrestle they are all over that, but no tug of war they rip your arm off.... They do have great bite control most of the time. Did almost loose finger to the youngest when I missed my grab on his collar stopping an argument, no dog was injured just me and furniture.
She's all about playing catch. The ottoman in the back ground is hers.

She lays across it. You toss the ball to her. She will catch it. Gnaw on it for a few and then roll it back to you

She doesn't like to be ignored though. If you ignore her, she starts out with soft cries. Then lowder. Then progresses to yips. Then barks. Occasionally you get the "Howl" The howl is when she is desperately wanting your attention and she's exasperated with you for ignoring her

I usually get the howl from her when I get home from work and come in with an arm load of stuff so it's a few minutes before I greet her. I have a certain amount of time for her to get her scratches. If she hasn't recieved said scratches in that time frame, I get the howl

Our late jack Russell terrier taught her that one He used to do the same thing when you weren't getting his treat as quick enough

/ Dog pics #4,752  
My pack is very vocal, and growls in various flavors are part of their language. Scares people, even when it means nothing. Most of mine growl on command, very very useful.
You have to understand when they are being threatening they can growl both while breathing IN and OUT. It's non stop and I know **** is about to get real. I can't command them to that level of aggression, it's earned.
Once you hear one go to the serious stage you will not forget that sound.

/ Dog pics #4,753  
My pack is very vocal, and growls in various flavors are part of their language. Scares people, even when it means nothing. Most of mine growl on command, very very useful.
You have to understand when they are being threatening they can growl both while breathing IN and OUT. It's non stop and I know **** is about to get real. I can't command them to that level of aggression, it's earned.
Once you hear one go to the serious stage you will not forget that sound.
Our shepherd rarely growls. So far there have only been two people in 8 years shes geowled at. And then she sounded like one of satans hell hounds. She even made me clench

Barks on occasion. Usually when a door bell rings on TV

If another dog comes at us being aggressive, she doesn't make a sound. She just waits patiently for them to get close enough and then she pounces, snatching them by the throat

My wife had to have a very frank discussion with a neighbor the other day since they absolutely refuse to leash their small pit bull. Even though the city has very strict leash laws.

The pit kept running up to them with the hackles raised. Close enough where my wife thumped it back with her leg a couple times.

The owner swore up and down that it wouldn't hurt anyone. My wife said that wasn't the point. Our shepherd doesn't like other dogs that she perceives as a threat. Your dog is off leash across the street going after usm. If our dog injures your dog, it's on you. If your dog injures ours, that is also on you since there are leash laws. Your dog is across the street, off your property, and running loose.

Later on that night, I was out walking and encountered the same idiots. They had their front door wide open and the dog running in and out. The dog was two houses down barking at some neighbors in their garage.

At one point, it came after us again.

When I saw the owners, I let them have it. I explained that they are absolutely stupid and being exceptionally ignorant. Explained that they need to look up the county and city dog ordinances. Explained the fines for allowing their dog to run loose and harass other people. That their dog was down barking and growling at an elderly couple two houses down in their own garage. And that if an officer saw it, they would be looking at a $1000 fine for their first offense. I finished it off by saying that I hoped they had deep pockets since their ignorance is gonna start costing them a pretty penny plus the possibility of getting the evicted from their rental.

/ Dog pics #4,754  
^^^^
It's people like your neighbors who make it harder for all dog owners... especially those of controversial breeds.
When I was a kid there were a few dogs on our camp road which we were afraid of; one was a big GSD who was allowed to roam while the owners were at work. One day I was walking past their house (on the town road) when he started chasing me. Like a dumb-A** I ran, so he chased me down and nipped me on the waistline of my jeans, tearing them and drawing blood. I never told anybody as I thought it was my fault. 25 years later I got my first dog and for some reason, that day I realized that I hadn't done anything wrong.

Last edited:
   / Dog pics #4,755  
My boys Buck and Gus.

Gus and Buck-2.jpg

/ Dog pics #4,756  
I would fully agree that the owner need to be in control and train their dogs. Since I own dogs that can bigger than many adults I take that to heart but also firmly believe parents need to train and control their children. Not all dogs are conditioned to allow strangers to touch them uninvited, playing with friendly giant breed puppies will result in people being tipped over. A 100 pound 8 month old puppy spinning around in joy will cause pain when they impact your legs or back. Young dogs may misjudge their braking distance (by a lot) or not even have any yet. I have one that stopped by throwing herself on the ground and sliding to a stop until she was over a year old (they can slide a long way in wet grass)

Serious I have 3 that can look in my eyes when on hind legs and I'm 5' 10" and they weigh ~150 or more. The 2 little ones are 90 and 100 pounds not exactly small.