Doin' the PT Pucker

/ Doin' the PT Pucker #41  
We received around 8 inches of snow. On my 422 I dropped the bucket all the way down, curled all the way back, and put into float. Works great for me. I have a gravel drive, 1600 feet long, and this method does not dig into the gravel.
As I go along the snow piles up over the top of the bucket and fills it with snow. When it gets high enough where it starts to come off the back of bucket I just dump it to the side and begin again.

/ Doin' the PT Pucker #42  
ksimolo said:
Hi RegL,

It never occurred to me to try draft control. Do you set it to just barely keep it on the ground or slightly above?

Ken

On the ground. I use the light material bucket to plow snow and the draft control lifts the back of the bucket a tiny bit but there's enough slack in the quick connect that the front edge of the bucket stays on the ground. Actually, I have never had to really readjust the draft control. It's set with the brush hog so when activated, it lifts the rear of the mower about 1/2 inch or so. Because the plow is probably lighter, you may have to adjust so it doesn't get picked up.