Doing It In Mud

/ Doing It In Mud #11  
mud.jpg

After three hours of self recovery with building a log grid under the tractor.... and another hour pressure washing..... I'm avoiding the mud for a while.

/ Doing It In Mud
What got me is how heavy and sticky the muddy turf/ground was. I could hardly move it when trying to finish covering the animal with a shovel. Sometimes the muck would stick in the FEL and barely shake out. Maybe a backhoe could have done a better job.

/ Doing It In Mud #13  
New home construction. At the entrance to my dooryard I had 40 feet of deep gravely slop. Was using tractor to transport fireplace mortar and block from driveway to house and had gotten it stuck twice before but got it out after unloading bucket and using it to push myself out. The third time I was mired good. Had to use excavator to pull it out. First pic was after I had gotten it unstuck the second time. Second pic was the time the excavator pulled me out. Gotta remember that even with studded chains its not a skidder.
IMG_20190419_102124337_HDR (1).jpg

IMG_20190429_143457176.jpg

/ Doing It In Mud #14  
You have far more self control than 90% of us! Thankful that you weren't killed, although I'm sure you did suffer some minor injuries.

Thanks! A little later It was pretty funny, but at the time I really didn't see the humor in it. Have to admit I was a bit sore the next day, this getting older is no fun!

/ Doing It In Mud #15  
Hi TBN'ers,

I have no pics, but thought posting about working in mud might bring up some interesting responses.

Yesterday my neighbor called me to bury an Alpaca that she had to put down. There was/is standing water in our fields from days after days of rain. I decided to give it a try with my B2620, since the rather large animal will bloat and be quite a mess in a few day.

Had to do a little bigger hole .... for a cow. Surface was dry, but the ground is overly wet from months of too much rain. Wet clay tends to pack like PlayDoh in a BH bucket, and it doesn't like to fall out, even with the help of a shovel.

/ Doing It In Mud #16  
My ground is in the bottoms and it is currently under about 8’ of water. It will be a mess when the river goes down.

/ Doing It In Mud #17  
Mainahs...you need to round up and lay down some of those FIELD PALLETS to build yourself a temporary haul road.

/ Doing It In Mud #18  
The rain is delaying everything. I got my tractor stuck with just turning it around near a low spot. I had to use to logs under the bucket to raise it up and then a come-along to winch it out. Took 3+ hours
Thinking of fabricating a receiver hitch that I can hook up to my 3pt hitch receiver.

/ Doing It In Mud #19  
The rain is delaying everything. I got my tractor stuck with just turning it around near a low spot. I had to use to logs under the bucket to raise it up and then a come-along to winch it out. Took 3+ hours
Thinking of fabricating a receiver hitch that I can hook up to my 3pt hitch receiver.

Making your own would be a fun project but your Deere dealer will sell you one that is green and i-Match compatible for about $150

Google Express

/ Doing It In Mud #20  
Mainahs...you need to round up and lay down some of those FIELD PALLETS to build yourself a temporary haul road.

Had it mucked out and 12 loads of bank run brought in. Too much for my tractor. All better now. :)

IMG_20190512_134305085_HDR.jpg