Don't Argue When Exhausted

/ Don't Argue When Exhausted #1  

3RRL

Foothills of the Giant Sequoia's, California
Tractor
55HP 4WD KAMA 554 and 4 x 4 Jinma 284
Don\'t Argue When Exhausted

My son Matthew and I went up to the property to build a solar power shed. We got into an argument after a long day of working in the 100° heat. I wanted him to add some screws because he missed a couple of places on the roof flashing. Well he went off in a huff to do it and climbed up the "Little Giant" ladder...a very good ladder. When he got to the top (about 10') he lost his balance and fell off. Mind you he is an experienced construction worker but being hot headed got him in trouble. He fell face down and on his shoulder and it knocked him silly.

I ran over to help him and picked up his head only to find that one of his plier tools from his tool belt had wedged between his jaw and the ground, driving the business end into his face, giving him a pretty good cut.

Attachments

• 900146-DSCN4741 (Small).JPG
    900146-DSCN4741 (Small).JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 672
   / Don't Argue When Exhausted
Don\'t Argue When Exhausted

My son Matthew and I went up to the property to build a solar power shed. We got into an argument after a long day of working in the 100° heat. I wanted him to add some screws because he missed a couple of places on the roof flashing. Well he went off in a huff to do it and climbed up the "Little Giant" ladder...a very good ladder. When he got to the top (about 10') he lost his balance and fell off. Mind you he is an experienced construction worker but being hot headed got him in trouble. He fell face down and on his shoulder and it knocked him silly.

I ran over to help him and picked up his head only to find that one of his plier tools from his tool belt had wedged between his jaw and the ground, driving the business end into his face, giving him a pretty good cut.

Re: Don\'t Argue When Exhausted

I rushed him back to camp and washed out the cuts with water and hydrogen peroxide then shaved his face and patched him up. We didn't finish the shed but drove home so he could get checked out. He's alright...lucky he's a sturdy tough young man. Also lucky that we keep a complete fully stocked first aid kit with extra bandages, ointments and even surgical tools to do sutchering if needed. Nevertheless, I feel very lucky that he's OK and nothing worse happened. It's important to keep a cool head when exhausted and even better to knock off before something like this happens....the shed can wait.

Attachments

• 900154-DSCN4742 (Small).JPG
    900154-DSCN4742 (Small).JPG
    52 KB · Views: 508

I rushed him back to camp and washed out the cuts with water and hydrogen peroxide then shaved his face and patched him up. We didn't finish the shed but drove home so he could get checked out. He's alright...lucky he's a sturdy tough young man. Also lucky that we keep a complete fully stocked first aid kit with extra bandages, ointments and even surgical tools to do sutchering if needed. Nevertheless, I feel very lucky that he's OK and nothing worse happened. It's important to keep a cool head when exhausted and even better to knock off before something like this happens....the shed can wait.

/ Don't Argue When Exhausted #5  

Get a tetanus shot!
Bob

/ Don't Argue When Exhausted #6  

Get a tetanus shot!
Bob

/ Don't Argue When Exhausted #7  

For many years, I've washed cuts and scratches with water, then poured rubbing alcohol on them. My wife never liked the alcohol so uses water and peroxide. But she recently went to the doctor about a cut and doctor told her something that I had read, but not followed, and that is to not use alcohol or peroxide; just use soap and water. And like Doc Heb said, she got a tetanus shot. Glad the boy is OK.

/ Don't Argue When Exhausted #8  

For many years, I've washed cuts and scratches with water, then poured rubbing alcohol on them. My wife never liked the alcohol so uses water and peroxide. But she recently went to the doctor about a cut and doctor told her something that I had read, but not followed, and that is to not use alcohol or peroxide; just use soap and water. And like Doc Heb said, she got a tetanus shot. Glad the boy is OK.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Get a tetanus shot!
Bob )</font>

He did and some stitches as well. The blood smear on my forearm is from carrying him...at 6'-1" and 205 lbs., it was a little different than when he was 5 or 10 yrs old when I used to carry him on my shoulders all the time.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Get a tetanus shot!
Bob )</font>

He did and some stitches as well. The blood smear on my forearm is from carrying him...at 6'-1" and 205 lbs., it was a little different than when he was 5 or 10 yrs old when I used to carry him on my shoulders all the time.