Don't be this guy

/ Don't be this guy #31  
I save and repurpose lots of junk, found the key for me anyway is to keep it somewhat organized.

/ Don't be this guy #34  
I save and repurpose lots of junk, found the key for me anyway is to keep it somewhat organized.
I've been looking everywhere for that! Now I gotta find the lock it fits.
I save anything that can function as raw material for another job. Anything unrepairable get tossed.
I just scrapped an old gas stove. Scarfed the clock/timer out of it and the two sheet metal side panels. Someday I may be looking for a big flat piece of sheet metal. Maybe.

/ Don't be this guy #35  
As a home builder and remodeler, I used to keep everything. Windows. doors, anchors, nuts/bolts, flashing, everything.

Then I moved and everything went in the dumpster or on the street for neighbors. No more hoarding, everything goes bye bye.......

/ Don't be this guy #36  
I find it hard to throw away anything useful, but If I haven't used something or don't need it anymore, I have no trouble donating it or giving it to someone. The right someone can be hard to find.
---
"I've got a blixfit I don't need. Do you want it? "

"No."
---
I need a hoarder to give things to. :)
Every now and then my wife will nag, or in her words, "lovingly encourage" me to go thru and get rid of a lot of the assorted crap I'm saving. I somewhat agree, and start going thru it looking for stuff I'll absolutely never use. When I'm done, I might have a few token items but barely made a dent in it.
I will say, I'm a pack rat not a hoarder. There is a difference.
'There is no scrap wood*, just pieces not yet used.'

* bubble-wrap, boxes, orphan screws...
I do some woodworking as a hobby, and have boxes & barrels of scrap wood pieces, mostly too small to be of much use, but too good to throw away. Occasionally it comes in useful when I need something for a brace, etc. but often as not all the scrap pieces are an inch or 2 too short. 😡 Eventually it ends up as kindling.
Neighbor of mine who also does woodworking does the same thing.

I've probably got 5 bags of packing peanuts in the shed...never fails, a bag will catch on something and rip then comes the joy of cleaning them up.

/ Don't be this guy #37  
I’m a bit of a horder but I do construction including house flipping so I come across a lot of stuff. Since I don’t own an old Walmart building I have to be pretty selective of what I can keep. A worn out lawnmower belt would be an easy decision to toss.

/ Don't be this guy #38  
I have reached the point where I am purging piece by piece. Whether it's my shop, my library or my clothes closet, things just have to go so our kids don't have to deal with it when the time comes (they've thanked me for that). I am, however, tossing old and mismatched "stuff" and getting packaged assortments of new and organized "stuff," e.g. screws, hardward.... Also, I've been giving away some old tools to folks who need them and replacing them with new and usable ones.
However, sometimes there is a box that is "just a nice box" and I can't bear to to toss it! :unsure:

/ Don't be this guy #40  
Scrap wood is those pieces that cannot be applied to a project. They are the things that prevent space for real lumber and workspace.