Dont know why i didnt

/ Dont know why i didnt #1  

Sberry

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mostly green
I looked at this back and forth. It's to raise and lower a spray boom. I want happy with a cumalong and just never got around to a good way after we simply added a hook when we build it so I use my cherry picker. It worked and seemed to get past till we need it again and need to pull up to the bay, difficult to field adjust.
So I got absolutely no idea why a simple turnbuckle didnt occur to me till I am rolling the picker to it again and literally grab on to the buckle as I am doing it. Was even the perfect length for the job, took 10 minutes to fit, paid it's way on the first use.
Really a duh project I could have done with a single all thread too. I just put up with the inconvenience for long time and as good as this is I might even improve it a pinch given a few minutes at the right time.
20210517_124815.jpg

Last edited:
   / Dont know why i didnt
Upon further pontification could have drilled 1 hole and used a piece of 1/2 all thread and a few nuts. When it comes in for something might even do it but for now just going to consider it every time I look at it,,, ha. I must console myself with the fact its hard not to complicate it and even though it taskes 10 more wasted minutes and 1/2 a rod with 4 flat washers it is imediately better than it was even if its not the ultimate design and the way its going could even change my mind,,, I mean redesign,,, or even gewt over it before I actually do it.