Don't like potlucks?

/ Don't like potlucks? #41  
Spent many Christmas holidays at a Florida retirement community- snowbirds from northern US and eastern Canada. Their holiday feast was a potluck at their church, and did that klan know how to cook potatoes. Mashed, scalloped, boiled, casseroled,... A complete meal for me, with a few bites turkey, just to be polite.

/ Don't like potlucks? #42  
After watching people lick the knife or fingers then go and dish out other servings without cleaning, I go to very very few big pot luck Igatherings. Nothing is foolproof but I get sqeamish about that.

Went to a big camper pot luck and dug into a bean salad of some sort and was very moldy inside. People must have made it before they left home and it sat for a week.
I have never been poisoned at a potluck.

/ Don't like potlucks? #43  
Eggs don’t belong in potato salad...
+1 on that!!
When I was in grammar school, sometimes the school lunch came with potato salad. I'd always pick the egg out of it, often as not I'd get chewed out by the cafeteria supervisor for not cleaning my plate. :rolleyes:

/ Don't like potlucks? #44  
At a Thanksgiving Potluck, in the PNW, I decided I would bring originally prepared, Native American foods. I did extensive research and found lots of recipes that were said to be authentic. So I made a wide sampler of both in-land and coastal native foods. I thought everything in the sampler was tasty. This included Kelp, Red Rock Crab, Blennies, Limpets, Mussels, Roasted Camas, Deer Meat, Clam Broth, and Salmon.
These were cooked/processed using ONLY the original recipes and no ingredients that would not been available pre-contact with other distant cultures. It was a bridge too far for my hosts.

I was never invited back. :)