Grapple Double Duty Grapple, Tractor and Track Loader...Help me choose.

/ Double Duty Grapple, Tractor and Track Loader...Help me choose. #11  
My EA grapple weighs 450 lbs. I've used it a lot with large logs and the lids still match perfectly. My 3725's loader is rated to 2100 lbs at full height but it's more down low. I have had logs so heavy that the loader could not curl them up and I had to carry them with the grapple pointed down.

Since skid steers usually have more lift capacity a heavy grapple is not so much of a concern. I think the question here is how much weight you will be lifting with the tractor vs the skid steer. If anything heavy gets done by the skid steer then a heavy grapple would be ok. But if you're moving logs of any decent size with the tractor then you want a grapple that's light enough to not use too much loader capacity.

The frostbite style grapples look really good for logs, no surprise as that's what they are designed for. I'm doing everything from logs from small to huge to brush. The EA wicked grapple seems like a good compromise for all of those uses.

/ Double Duty Grapple, Tractor and Track Loader...Help me choose. #12  
W.R. Long Open Bottom Grapple Dual. W.R. Long on EA's Site

The unit has been flawless and done anything save I've asked it and doesn't weigh a ton. I have about the same capacity as you do and went 64" which is a bit narrower than the tractor. I have never needed wider. The nice thing is that you can ask for them to add more tines for a more narrow spacing if you need to also have a semi-rock bucket to sift out material. I agree with Eric above that it depends on what the gap is in weight between the tractor and skid loader. The W.R long above is rated to 2200 which is perfect for the tractor, maybe light for the SS. They do have another version that is rated to 3500 and weighs about 200lbs more on the same site.

Last edited:
   / Double Duty Grapple, Tractor and Track Loader...Help me choose.
Thanks, everyone. The skid steer I bought is small (ASV RT-50) and has less rated lift than my tractor so I'm not worried too much about that. They're pretty evenly matched in that regard. I'll do some more studying on the EA site. Probably a 60" Wicked Xtreme at this point.

/ Double Duty Grapple, Tractor and Track Loader...Help me choose. #14  
I use my EA wicked 60" on both a Kioti NX6010 tractor and a John Deere 317 track loader. It works great for me for both. Since it's my equipment and I'm the only operator and I wrote the check for it I'm certainly not trying to find the limits of what will break it but I don't tip toe around and baby it either if that makes any sense.

Attachments

• JD 317.jpg
    JD 317.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 41
  • Kioti NX6010.jpg
    Kioti NX6010.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 41
Perfect @dusty3030 . Just what I wanted to see!

/ Double Duty Grapple, Tractor and Track Loader...Help me choose. #16  
Based on what I have heard about Everything Attachments and the experimental shot I won't be buying from them either

Based on what I have heard about Everything Attachments and the experimental shot I won't be buying from them either
I don’t know the story. I do know that sometimes businesses make decisions based on incomplete information that they later regret as do we all. I’m pretty selective about who I boycott forever.

Your tractor, your choice.

/ Double Duty Grapple, Tractor and Track Loader...Help me choose. #18  
I don’t know the story. I do know that sometimes businesses make decisions based on incomplete information that they later regret as do we all. I’m pretty selective about who I boycott forever.

If he chose to make a statement like that I have two implements I plan to buy in the next four months I would absolutely buy from them, they do make a great product.

Ordered a 60" Wicked Root Rake Grapple. I have about a million 2-4 inch saplings that need to be mowed down and grubbed out. I don't want to wait for it but it looks like the perfect solution for my situation. Thanks to everyone for your thoughtful replies.

/ Double Duty Grapple, Tractor and Track Loader...Help me choose. #20  

your body, your choice too right? Oh wait maybe not depending who you work for lol.