Dozer Demo

/ Dozer Demo
get a 5n .there a great 15 ton machine

That's just too large of a machine. It has to be hauled on the back of a ten wheel truck. That means it can't be over a certain height and weight. Also the larger the machine is, the more damage it does when in the woods on a fire.

/ Dozer Demo #12  
One thing that we have found with the newer machines cat or deere is all of the darn electronics they have now. Seems like every time you turn around there is a wire grounding out or a plug that was snatched loose by a limb or stick. Sometimes wish they would just get back to the basic levers and do away with all the electronics especially for a machine that spends most of its time in the woods.

/ Dozer Demo #13  
Did you change the settings on the dash control to let the engine revs stay at full speed and the decelerator will let it creep. That helped me a bunch in the rubbish and fininishin both. Im not sure how to do it on Deere if it was available at the time I ran the last one. I knew it was an option.

The speed recall button was the yellow button on the direction control joystick. You hold the button down for 3 seconds at the speed and direction your traveling. Yo have to do it for forward and reverse both. It helps alot. being abole to go to a preset speed. I didnt like the speed ratios from forward to reverse either. Cat wanted the reverse to be a bit faster. I liked the preset on that I just set it at the same forward speed.

The Deere and Komastu both had a knob on the dash you could set either equal speed forward and reverse to a higher reverse speed. THey got that right over Cat.

I did like the lighting package on it though. I was pushing before daylight. In our conditions at work the old 5B was more comfortable to me.

THe blade shake was handy with a new driver he would sit on the phone oh the tip and I would ease the blade into his car catcher and shake the snot out of him.
I spent alot of time on a Komatsu D66E loader that was a 963 sized loader then I ran a 963 to both good machines.

/ Dozer Demo
Sometimes wish they would just get back to the basic levers and do away with all the electronics especially for a machine that spends most of its time in the woods.

Very well said!! I couldn't agree more.

/ Dozer Demo
Did you change the settings on the dash control to let the engine revs stay at full speed and the decelerator will let it creep. That helped me a bunch in the rubbish and fininishin both. Im not sure how to do it on Deere if it was available at the time I ran the last one. I knew it was an option.

I didn't spend enough time in it to get that detailed. I realize that there would be a rather lengthy learning curve to get used to it all. The only problem is when operating one machine is second nature, it is hard to adapt to something that is unfamiliar.

/ Dozer Demo #16  
I used a Deere 650J LGP for 3 days year before last to clear land. That thing was a HOSS. It had it's flaws though...

/ Dozer Demo #17  
The JDs are good machines, iv owned a 450j for 3 years now and i love it. my brother in law was pushing with his dads D6H narrow track, had to call me to push some stuff:laughing: