DPF Regeneration driving me crazy...

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #361  
Wow... just wow...
Sorry but when this subject comes up in the shop I always get accused of being a greenie (as an insult). Which I guess I am in a way, but I see that line was unnecessary. Sometimes I type without thinking :) I edited my post

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #362  
Sorry but when this subject comes up in the shop I always get accused of being a greenie (as an insult). Which I guess I am in a way, but I see that line was unnecessary. Sometimes I type without thinking :) I edited my post
Nothing wrong with being a tree hugger. As a professional forester, I have hugged many trees while measuring their diameter during timber cruises. 😏

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #363  
Nothing wrong with being a tree hugger. As a professional forester, I have hugged many trees while measuring their diameter during timber cruises. 😏
Yeah I like nature and stuff, but the political line and insult from me was unnecessary. I'm gonna hug a tree tomorrow so I can say I am one as well :) though I'm sure my experience will be different than yours LOL

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #364  
Just had a tech come down and help me with some baler electronics issues.
He told me far and away, they spend more time fixing DEF/DPF issues on tractors than anything else. Thats ridiculous that after 10 years they can’t make the DPF/DEF a more reliable system.

Might be fine for you since you don’t use a tractor to make a living, but it’s not fine for those who do. Its a major inconvenience and loss of money to be down for hours. It can become days if the parts you need are unavailable, as they can be in todays parts-shortage-USA we now live in.

I have no problem with making tractors burn cleaner, but can’t they make it reliable? Why not have twin sensors, so when one fails, there’s a backup? Or make them easily accessible and give the owner spares? Or just build them better in the first place, so less expense in downtime & parts?
Say it isn't so, many on here will tell you it's a myth, there are near zero issues with this Tier 4 business, I would put more faith in what the tractor mechanic that works on them day in and day out has to say about it, he knows what he sees everyday,I'm afraid a few of these folks on here live in disney land where only good things happen and Tier 4 tractors never have problems.

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #365  
Say it isn't so, many on here will tell you it's a myth, there are near zero issues with this Tier 4 business, I would put more faith in what the tractor mechanic that works on them day in and day out has to say about it, he knows what he sees everyday,I'm afraid a few of these folks on here live in disney land where only good things happen and Tier 4 tractors never have problems.

And if they did, it wouldnt leave the anger that it would on someone who has a truck or tractor down for expensive repairs and income lost with customers.

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #366  
I don't think the reasonable people are saying there are no issues. Stuff breaks, new tech has growing pains and stuff is expensive.
I know how it feels to have very expensive stuff break, it stinks, but the sky is not falling.

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #367  
And if they did, it wouldnt leave the anger that it would on someone who has a truck or tractor down for expensive repairs and income lost with customers.
Absolutely, when it affects you directly it puts a whole different perspective on things.

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #368  
I don't think the reasonable people are saying there are no issues. Stuff breaks, new tech has growing pains and stuff is expensive.
I know how it feels to have very expensive stuff break, it stinks, but the sky is not falling.
I wouldn't call something that has been in effect for 10+ years new tech.

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #369  
I wouldn't call something that has been in effect for 10+ years new tech.
I understand, what I am saying is that the tech is getting better. Early systems had way more failures than new ones. They are getting it better all the time. If they don't keep moving the goalpost it will get solid. I mean ICE is over 100 years old and they still have failures. There will never be a system that is failure free, but they will stop making failure prone systems as they get experience.

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #370  
It’s not “new”.
DPF’s are on their 14th year.
DEF is on it’s 11th year.

That is NOT new technology. Never said “sky is falling”. I actually said I’m all for it. What I wish these clowns that force this crap on us would do is give manufacturers time to make it right before we guinea pig it while trying to put food on the table.