DPF Regeneration driving me crazy...

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #321  
I'm not debating the science just the "cart before the horse solutions"....

in which governments politicize, cater to special interests, and leave the middle class with the expense and blame. Viable economies were built on fossil fuels, so if you just turn it off (as in the US today) the majority of citizens suffer greatly. But lets be clear, the ruling class elites and their government cohorts who set this policy, hold the middle class hostage to these cart before the horse policies, will have little regard for the air you breathe, let alone your particular economic situation..

As far as coal plants go, they were being phased out (in the US over time) and LNG was the most viable and more constant replacement.(as opposed to wind and solar) However, presidential policy in 2021 made natural gas production much more expensive (regulation and leasing stalemates) and not only that, banned fracking on federal lands..Natural gas is a relatively clean fossil fuel and we have an abundant resource of this. In your area there is a lot of natural gas, so maybe get to your policy makers and tell them to get with it. It will now take longer because of the setback in 2021....probably at least three to four years when it could have been up and running by now.

I live in an area where we get most of our electricity from hydroelectric, so that's probably why my air is cleaner? However, they have shut down many smaller hydro plants in favor of the environment. But lets be clear, everything that produces energy will, in some form or another, have an impact on the environment. From the storage batteries, to the vast land space requirements of wind and solar, and on to the misgivings about nuclear energy. We have a long ways to go before we eliminate fossil fuels. So I stand fast in my rejection of government solutions that are tainted politically and lack common sense and practicality.

add; the high up in the atmosphere polution could be coming from China, Russia, India etc. But that's the rest of the story.
Natural gas production is going full speed and my state is the second largest producer of it, on all lands (state, private, and federal). And it’s still pretty reasonable. I have gas furnace, stove, fireplace, and water heaters. My NG bill last month was $47.73. In fact, the oil companies were wasting a lot of it by flaring (burning) oil well vents. The state passed legislation banning flaring recently, so now they have to capture the gas and utilize it.

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy...
You apparently haven’t figured out the low range first gear on your gear tractor. At any RPMs the forward speed in only a few mph.
You seem to be lost as the gear tractor runs different than the HST.

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #323  
You apparently haven’t figured out the low range first gear on your gear tractor. At any RPMs the forward speed in only a few mph.
Do you dig out tree stumps at a couple MPH ??
I certainly don't. With a gear machine I'm at or near idle and ease into it.

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #324  
Do you dig out tree stumps at a couple MPH ??
I certainly don't. With a gear machine I'm at or near idle and ease into it.
I owned a gear tractor for 21 years. In low 1st it would barely creep forward at full RPMs. The problem will soon solve itself. If you are ramming trees and stump with your loader, some type of equipment failure is inevitable. Wrong machine for that work.

Last edited:
   / DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #325  
I owned a gear tractor for 21 years. In low 1st it would barely creep forward at full RPMs. The problem will soon solve itself. If you are ramming trees and stump with your loader, some type of equipment failure is inevitable. Wrong machine for that work.
All my tractors have been gear.
Low range first gear is slow, but if I'm trying to get ahold of trees or stumps, or dig out a tree to transplant I do at idle or just above. (certainly not ramming them at high RPM)
Post hole digger I'm rarely much above idle (hurt someone if you try to run that thing at high RPM)

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #326  
All my tractors have been gear.
Low range first gear is slow, but if I'm trying to get ahold of trees or stumps, or dig out a tree to transplant I do at idle or just above. (certainly not ramming them at high RPM)
Post hole digger I'm rarely much above idle (hurt someone if you try to run that thing at high RPM)
True. But tier 4 tractors do a regeneration requiring high RPMs for only about 15-20 minutes every 30+ hours of use. I think that’s the main point. It really has a minimal impact for most users.

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #327  
I have three gear tractors , The cub cadet 7260 Has a horrible clutch, almost impossible to to move slow without jerking forward, on the other hand my 2810 mahindra is smooth as silk and very easy to creep forwardor back, even the old massey is not bad , but you dont have run it at high rpms.

You have a real issue that you like to go at others and disregard the actual facts, the gear tractor has to be pulled out of gear and then back up and gently go forward if the rpm is too high or you will damage the FEL or grapple that is pretty much straight forward, and when digging out a stump or toppling invasive trees, you have to do it slowly and carefully and push very gently till it comes out or starts to fall over. High RPMs is not the way to do it, thus I have to stop and regen...hope that helps...

/ DPF Regeneration driving me crazy... #329  
You have a real issue that you like to go at others and disregard the actual facts, the gear tractor has to be pulled out of gear and then back up and gently go forward if the rpm is too high or you will damage the FEL or grapple that is pretty much straight forward, and when digging out a stump or toppling invasive trees, you have to do it slowly and carefully and push very gently till it comes out or starts to fall over. High RPMs is not the way to do it, thus I have to stop and regen...hope that helps...
15 minutes every 30+ hours. If it’s consistently more frequent than this something isn’t working with your tractor.

15 minutes every 30+ hours. If it’s consistently more frequent than this something isn’t working with your tractor.
Well, its doing it every 5+ hours, thus the problem. So I am running at a higher RPM than idle as I get use to the tractor, and its getting better........