DPF Removal

/ DPF Removal #1  

fixthetractor

Tractor
Branson 5835r
Does anyone know if there is a problem with removing the ceramic filter media in the DPF? This would be on a Branson 5835R.

/ DPF Removal #2  
Your Branson doesn’t have a computer.
The tractor won’t care.
You might want to just remove the whole thing and replace with a muffler.
This has been done before.

You may want to hold off till tractor is out of warranty?

/ DPF Removal #3  
The tractor should run fine if you gut the DPF. However, I believe you will get the DPF light flashing at you from the dash. The newer (2020+) tractors don't allow for you to simply unplug the DPF ECM like the older ones do. If you unplug it you lose your tach and temp gauges. If you end up doing this mod please let us know the results.

/ DPF Removal #4  
on your model 5835r just start by drilling about 8-12 1/4" holes through the media in the center section of the filter dont just gut it on your model its a bit more involved with what the ECM and data logger control and i have seen gutting them cause issues( this is the only model thus far that I've seen the issues with) like stalling not wanting to start etc,
start by drilling it first then go from there. its really going to depend on what month and years your is the newer it is the more chance of an issue arising, since TYM took over they have been pushing us towards more computer control( i'm not happy about it) and with that comes extra issue with things like this. let me know what year yours is or shoot me the serial number i'll see if i cant find out for you.

/ DPF Removal
on your model 5835r just start by drilling about 8-12 1/4" holes through the media in the center section of the filter dont just gut it on your model its a bit more involved with what the ECM and data logger control and i have seen gutting them cause issues( this is the only model thus far that I've seen the issues with) like stalling not wanting to start etc,
start by drilling it first then go from there. its really going to depend on what month and years your is the newer it is the more chance of an issue arising, since TYM took over they have been pushing us towards more computer control( i'm not happy about it) and with that comes extra issue with things like this. let me know what year yours is or shoot me the serial number i'll see if i cant find out for you.
It is a 2022

/ DPF Removal #7  
The tractor should run fine if you gut the DPF. However, I believe you will get the DPF light flashing at you from the dash. The newer (2020+) tractors don't allow for you to simply unplug the DPF ECM like the older ones do. If you unplug it you lose your tach and temp gauges. If you end up doing this mod please let us know the results.
Interesting
I purchased my 4520r in August 2020. Not sure if the manufacture date. Do you have more info on this?

I am also understanding more of what you are talking about. We can gut/remove the DPF but just can’t disconnect the warning light on the dash for newer models.
Again I am curious if anyone has more info on when specifically that started

/ DPF Removal #8  
ok on the 2022 model you will only want to drill it out to start with and see what effect this has, be forewarned if you do this the light for the dpf will more than likely stay on at all times in the future, it shouldn't effect performance by doing this although you may see a light uptick in fuel consumption.

/ DPF Removal #10  
If yours has the ability to command a regen like the new 20 series models do, then you should be able to run it however you want. If you don't run it hard enough often enough, it'll tell you to do a regen or will ask for a regen more often. No big deal.

Even if it's like mine and can't do a regen, I'd run it as it is and see how it handles it. It might do ok. I've stopped worrying about mine. I must be running it hard enough. If yours keeps having problems then consider modding it. No point in ruining an expensive part unless you have to.