DPF

/ DPF #1  

Tractorrr

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota bx 2370-1
Just watched a video of tractor time with tim on youtube. He went to a dealer that had mahindras in the higher hp range that didn't require DPF. He may have looked at some Massey Ferguson's that didn't require them as well. What is up with that? Will Kubota be coming out with tractors above 26 hp that don't require DPF?.

/ DPF #2  
What year were the Mahindras?

/ DPF #3  
hello Tractorrr. None of the mahindras have dpf .They supposedly spent 30 million dollars designing an engine that doesn't need it. I have 2 mahindras, aaaaaan 04 2810 and a 2017 2538.I have around 1000 hrs on the 2810 and it has been a great tractor. I have just 50 hrs on the 2538 so far so good.The engine on the 2538 has a lot of power,so far I have been impressed with it .

/ DPF #4  
Take this for what it's worth, but I believe Mahindra purchased credits in order to buy more time until they were required to have a DPF. I heard this on the internet. :)

/ DPF #5  
Take this for what it's worth, but I believe Mahindra purchased credits in order to buy more time until they were required to have a DPF. I heard this on the internet. :)

Purchased credits, I've never heard of anything like that. You need to read this and watch this video. They're using a Diesel Oxidation Catalyst to get their engines to pass emissions without a DPF. I believe some of their largest still have a DPF and DEF. Personally I think their on the right track as far as emissions, as long as they have to be built to meet this crap mandate.

The Mahindra mCRD technology
Introducing our Tier IV "mCRD Technology" | Mahindra

"mCRD Tier IV The Simple Solution"
mCRD Tier IV The Simple Solution - YouTube

/ DPF #6  
Several of the tractor brands have been able to build engines without the DPF and still meet emissions standards. The New Holland T4.75 I wanted to buy before I ended up with my Kubota was that way, using a "Particulate Matter Catalyst" instead of a DPF.

/ DPF #7  
It surprises me that Mahindra found something potentially better than everyone else. Even big truck and vehicle companies use DPF. Ford, John Deere, Cummins, etc certainly outspent Mahindra in designing these systems. I am generally curious why almost everyone gravitated in one direction.

/ DPF #8  
I have no experience with the Mahindra system but I’m guessing it’s mostly marking hype. Think practically every other manufacturer went the same way and then Mahindra who generally doesn’t have the most refined machine found this new and better way?

/ DPF #9  
I have no experience with the Mahindra system but I’m guessing it’s mostly marking hype. Think practically every other manufacturer went the same way and then Mahindra who generally doesn’t have the most refined machine found this new and better way?

Agreed

/ DPF #10  
International used a similar setup with their Maxxforce truck engines.
High pressure common rail with EGR.
They had a LOT of issues from what I have heard. Resale valve on International trucks that have the Maxxforce engine are very low in my area due to issues.