Draining new style fuel filter

/ Draining new style fuel filter #1  

ericm979

Tractor
Branson 3725H
Hi guys, m 3725 has the newer clear plastic bowl type fuel filter with the priming pump. I see a bit of gunk in the bottom of the bowl and I'd like to drain it. There's a drain knob on the bottom of the bowl with a hose nipple. When I put a hose on it and loosen the knob air is sucked in around the threads but nothing comes out the hose. Is fuel supposed to come out of the hose nipple?

I can't find anything about this in the manual.

/ Draining new style fuel filter #2  
Hi guys, m 3725 has the newer clear plastic bowl type fuel filter with the priming pump. I see a bit of gunk in the bottom of the bowl and I'd like to drain it. There's a drain knob on the bottom of the bowl with a hose nipple. When I put a hose on it and loosen the knob air is sucked in around the threads but nothing comes out the hose. Is fuel supposed to come out of the hose nipple?

I can't find anything about this in the manual.

Eric, I'm going off my memory which isn't very good.

I recall a filter element in the clear plastic bowl which I unscrewed (or unclipped) and emptied out. Besides the filter element that needed to be replaced, there was some water that had trapped in there which I emptied out.

I might not be answering your question but hopefully this helps.

edit: I don't recall a priming pump, maybe my tractor doesn't have one?

/ Draining new style fuel filter #3  
Eric is this the fuel filter that has the red float ring in the bottom of the bowl?

/ Draining new style fuel filter
Yep it's the filter with the red plastic float to indicate water.
I know I can remove the whole bowl but I'd like to just drain the bottom of the bowl as that's less of a mess.

The prime pump is the shiny metal button about 1-1.5" diameter on the top at an angle.

Another question: when you prime it do you need to open a bleed screw?