Dream Tractor

/ Dream Tractor
I thought about a 7040 for a very long time. It's probably even more tractor than I need. I started with wanting the 5040, but wanted a "buffer" with enough horsepower to pull at least a 7 foot rotary cutter so I stepped up to the 6040. But then I realized, for not much more I could get the 7040 with the limited slip differential. I stayed with the 7040 on my wish list for quite some time. But with the loader I wanted I needed to step up to the 8540. But the real clincher for the 8540 was the higher hydraulic pump flow, 7000lb lifting capacity for the 3ph, and the 12F/12R transmission. I can't wait!!

/ Dream Tractor #12  
Glowplug said:
I started with wanting the 5040, but wanted a "buffer" with enough horsepower to pull at least a 7 foot rotary cutter so I stepped up to the 6040. But then I realized, for not much more I could get the 7040 with the limited slip differential. I stayed with the 7040 on my wish list for quite some time. But with the loader I wanted I needed to step up to the 8540.

Keep hangin' around here and you'll be well over 100 horsepower quicker than you can heat up....a....er...ah.... a......"glowplug". :D :) :D It's known to be contagious..... :p

Don ;)

/ Dream Tractor #13  
Great list, glowplug!!! That'll get you going right off the bat, then you can see what you REALLY need!!! There is always "just one more thing" that suggests itself. Am glad to see you have been thinking about the things that turn a tractor into a working tool. You're gonna love it!

/ Dream Tractor #14  
:rolleyes: I see you mentioned a Herd seeder. Is that for planting cows?

/ Dream Tractor #15  
glowplug, I was just looking at the picture of that 8540 and noticed that the boom arms on that Quicke loader sit way up high over the hood line. This seems like it would really decrease visibility. Does the Kubota loader sit up that high?

/ Dream Tractor #16  
I think I would have liked the M8540. I really liked the turbocharge. I had to consider my various applications and physical size of the tractor. Most of my junk (implements) are category I and the 8540 is category II. Went with 7040. Was wanting to upgrade on PTO h.p. from my old M5030 (49 PTO h.p.). The 7040 was a good fit and the price was in my range. Good Luck.

/ Dream Tractor
BTDT said:
:rolleyes: I see you mentioned a Herd seeder. Is that for planting cows?

Uhhhhh. . . . . .YEAH!! You just keep believing that.

The 8540 is a bigger tractor than the M7040 but not much. About a foot longer, 8 inch wider WB, and actually shorter than the 7040 by a hair. Weighs 529lbs more. I really do like the 12-speed turbo-charged transmission. But the obligatory Cat II 3ph sure is limiting though.

I drove that tractor. That's partly why I'm so obsessed. The visibility is actually very good.

/ Dream Tractor #18  
That is a nice tractor, but, it's nicer to have an Ultra Cabbed unit like I have. The climate control, air ride seat, velour upholstery and rows of switches and gadgets get your heart pumping without even starting the tractor. Personally, I like the vertical exhaust. When you get on the turbo, she smokes and where there is smoke, there is a fire. Where there is a fire there is power.......:D

I'm teasing. I have an M9HDCC3 12x12 same physical size with a square (I like square) hood. Looking at that loader, I believe I'd get the 1200 series loader from Kubota. The upper arms are lower.

I started with a 16 horse Kubby years ago and 7 tractors later I'm bumping 100 horses.