Dresser Dozer

/ Dresser Dozer
Got your little operator checking out the tracks, eh? :thumbsup:

Yes yes, it was hilarious. We had just got a lot of rain and she stepped in soft mud and her foot pulled out of her boot, the boot was suctioned down in the mud, "Dad! Dad!!" I had to perform a rescue lol and then carry her the rest of the way to the machine.

Last edited:
   / Dresser Dozer #12  
That's some nice looking old iron. Hopefully it will perform as good as it looks. My Dad had dozers and track loaders over the years when I was growing up. I miss getting to operate them. I don't particularly miss working on them but that is just part of the deal. I hope this machine give you good service. Please post some action shots when you get it in service.

/ Dresser Dozer
Hello all,

I have been using the dozer over the last few days. I captured some video and time-lapse and posted it on Youtube, will have to chat later we have rain moving in tonight so have lots to do today.

20210927_100136.jpg

/ Dresser Dozer #14  
Congratulations. I ran a small JD 450G for a guy when I first moved to Texas, and realized that it was too small to get anything done on my land. So when I was looking to buy, I wanted something a lot bigger. I found a good deal on a Case 1550 that's 170 hp and 40,000 pounds. Yours could easily weigh 50,000 pounds. You'll know for sure if you ever get it stuck!!!!

On my place, I found that the dozer wasn't the best tool for clearing the land. My backhoe does a much better job. And it's even worse for moving those trees to the burn pile. Again, the backhoe with a grapple does a much better job. My dozer was great for digging my pond!!! I moved a massive amount of dirt, then built up my dam. But the dozers isn't very good at compacting the soil, so I would spread out the dirt with the dozer, then fill up the front bucket of my backhoe with a yard of soil and drive over the dirt on the dam to compact it. I would spread the dirt as far as possible so I was getting more done each time I went from one machine to the other.

I haven't started my dozer in a couple of years now, and I still have a couple of projects that I want to use to for, but then I'm selling it. It's something that I thought would be a lot of fun, but after the first half hour, it becomes work, and by 6 hours, it's pure torture. In winter, I could not put enough foam pads on the ground to keep my feet from freezing. The metal floor holds the cold and transfers it through my boots. I pushed to get my pond done, but I'll never do that again. It's a new level of cold being on the dozer in winter!!!

I learned that nobody will come out to fix it for me, so when it breaks down, and it does that a lot, I had to learn how to fix it. Once I sell it, I don't ever want to see anything with tracks on it again!!!

Last edited:
   / Dresser Dozer
Thanks for sharing Eddie, I see what you mean about clearing trees. Luckily I didn't have to push the trees very far. I am burning the piles right now. They are burning slow since they are so green, but will be gone soon so I can continue pushing dirt.

Right now the plan is to push topsoil away and start stockpiling dirt. I wo t start the actual dam until after Thanksgiving, as long as it is dry enough, that is. A friend is bringing some of his equipment over to help at that point. He makes a living doing dirt work so he has all the nice toys lol.

I may make a separate pond building thread, if I do ill link it here.

Fire (the fire itself is about 40' wide):

Attachments

• 16333108095223818251377395605986.jpg
    16333108095223818251377395605986.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 123
   / Dresser Dozer #16  
I had a CAT 17A D7D with a winch. Had a big 4 cylinder with two heads on it. It had been converted to hydraulic with electric start.

/ Dresser Dozer
Update: The Dresser has been sold, #6 and #8 intake lobes were flat on the cam. I rented a dozer and hired a few friends to help finish.

Pond build thread: Pond Build

The person I sold it to is going to have the repairs done and it'll be working again one day.

One picture below is the Dresser next the the rental D5K... quite the size difference!

Attachments

• 20220108_100654.jpg
    20220108_100654.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 114
  • 20220108_100719.jpg
    20220108_100719.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 110
  • 20211231_090019.jpg
    20211231_090019.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 116
   / Dresser Dozer #18  
That must be the shortest time anybody owned a dozer!!!