Driverless Cars

/ Driverless Cars
Seem to have driverless cars in NJ, just see people doing everything but drive. When WaWa (local chain like 7-11) started selling food bowls, saw lots of people holding them in their lap or hands while eating. So must be automatic steering since they are doing 80 in the left lane.

Do they get to sue the manufacturer if the car decides to slam on the brakes, they get scalded by soup, and there is no large font warning label on-dash saying "Do Not Drive and Eat Soup" ?

Joking.... but there's been stupider lawsuits.......

When I get to sleep in back while rolling, I'll be interested.....

Rgds, D.

/ Driverless Cars #532  
For years we've been amazed watching drivers on the New Jersey Turnpike reading a newspaper, shaving, etc going 80!

/ Driverless Cars #533  
Prime example in Alberta , Canada. Tesla was cruising down the highway with driver and passenger sleeping in reclined position. Was on the news.

/ Driverless Cars #534  
No small part of the responsibility for that "accident" could be attributed to the deceased.
Wheeling a bicycle into the path of an oncoming car - maybe she expected it to just STOP instantaneously ???

Oh yes, horseless carriages were supposed to free us from accidents due to runaway horses - and to give us cleaner streets.

/ Driverless Cars
Prime example in Alberta , Canada. Tesla was cruising down the highway with driver and passenger sleeping in reclined position. Was on the news.

Getting better and better !

Canada Tesla driver charged over 'napping while speeding' - BBC News

No injuries fortunately....... so I felt free to laugh -> esp. at the description of what happened when the LEO spun up the cherries - Tesla sped up :thumbsup:

It's just another software setting on the Drivetrain computer: after Economy, Sport, then comes Bank Robbery/Pursuit Mode !

Rgds, D.

Last edited:
   / Driverless Cars #536  
No small part of the responsibility for that "accident" could be attributed to the deceased.
Wheeling a bicycle into the path of an oncoming car - maybe she expected it to just STOP instantaneously ???

Oh yes, horseless carriages were supposed to free us from accidents due to runaway horses - and to give us cleaner streets.

Always wondered why no one ever mentioned that. In the right or not, it will be a cold day before I will wheel a bicycle in front of an oncoming car and hope they stop. I don't trust anyone to stop. I don't trust turn signals either. I get honked at from cars behind me because I don't put out in front of cars with the right of way when I am at a stop light that are signaling, but I let them "honk it out their ***". I am not pulling out in front of a car with a turn signal on, and trusting they are actually going to turn. I have seen so many either change their mind and go straight or it was just a non canceled turn signal from the last turn they made and they didn't notice it.

/ Driverless Cars #537  

they were doing 140Kph the police said when they caught up to it it accelerated away

/ Driverless Cars #538  

they were doing 140Kph the police said when they caught up to it it accelerated away

/ Driverless Cars
Probably because the people in front of the Tesla pulled over for the police and so the Tesla had nothing in front any more.

Space X.
Mission to Mars.
Tunneling Under the USA.
Programming Teslas to recognize Active Emergency Vehicles.

# of Irons vs. Fire...... predates the tech (not being) used by a very long time.....

Rgds, D.