driveway monitor

/ driveway monitor #41  
These work pretty good and you can add additioal sensors to the reciever for multiple zone coverage. If you are in the mountains with a lot of timber like we are, it will shorten the distance some, but 800 feet is no prblem at all.

Check this out at Amazon.com
1/2 Mile Long Range Solar Wireless Driveway Alarm Outdoor Weather Resistant Motion Sensor & Detector- Security Alert System-Monitor & Protect Outside Property,No Need to Replace The Battery Amazon.com: 1/2 Mile Long Range Solar Wireless Driveway Alarm Outdoor Weather Resistant Motion Sensor & Detector- Security Alert System-Monitor & Protect Outside Property,No Need to Replace The Battery: Electronics

This is the system we use, we have three sensors covering different parts of the property. There are occasional alerts caused by wildlife, and if the grass grows too tall. I have found that a person will generally set them off multiple times, wildlife just once most of the time.
Gating the driveway is a bit impractical as we share it with a neighbor behind us and our mailboxes are located in the parking area near my shop. The mailbox location prevents vandalism to it, going on 20 plus years with our current box, rarely had one survive one year on the county road.
We put the detector in when we had some kind of sketchy characters showing up occasionally, with the detector we know when to look, and don't get suprised. Cat knows which one is the house driveway alarm and gets exicited because someone will be coming to visit him, Covid 19 lockdown has been rough on him with no visitors. He is a very friendly fellow.

/ driveway monitor #42  
Interesting fact that these solar charged gadgets do work in cold and miserable climates. 5 years ago I purchased a 30' flagpole that had a circular array of led lights on top. I figured it may survive one cold dark winter but it has really surprised me by still working. I am usually not that lucky. I should look around and see if they make solar panels for trail cameras.

/ driveway monitor #43  
We are retired so home most of the time, we park our vehicles in the garage so there is no telltale missing vehicle to signal we aren't there. Most of our neighbors are retired as well or at least one person stays at home most of the time. We live far enough away from the road that trying to track our daily routine would be very difficult, cars loitering on our quite country road get noticed. The only issue that has happened in the last few years was to some new neighbors down the road who left some fencing supplies laying about 25 feet off of the road on their vacant land, it was stolen. May as well have put a free sign on it.

/ driveway monitor #44  
That is funny. Several years ago our Electric Co-Op dropped 20' I-Beams on the side of the road by each pole they planned to reinforce. Sure enough, they were all stolen. The new batch all had "Do not Steal" in pink florescent paint.

/ driveway monitor #45  
Run out there to find a postcard sized real estate advertisement.
My mailbox is 7 1/2 miles down the mountain I use informed delivery from the United States Postal Service. It is a free service and it Emails me photographs of each piece of mail and packages. I will receive that day, it saves me a lot of unnecessary trips down to the mailbox.

Informed Delivery

/ driveway monitor #46  
Interesting fact that these solar charged gadgets do work in cold and miserable climates. 5 years ago I purchased a 30' flagpole that had a circular array of led lights on top. I figured it may survive one cold dark winter but it has really surprised me by still working. I am usually not that lucky. I should look around and see if they make solar panels for trail cameras.
They have been making solar chargers for trail cams for years actually, they plug into the external Power Jack. Check your jack voltage, because it could be 6, 9 or 12 volt.
And now they actually make trail cameras with solar panels built in.

/ driveway monitor #47  
They have been making solar chargers for trail cams for years actually, they plug into the external Power Jack. Check your jack voltage, because it could be 6, 9 or 12 volt.
And now they actually make trail cameras with solar panels built in.

Good to know. Sure sounds better than replacing batteries continually.

/ driveway monitor
I just installed the guardline 1/4 mile unit. Works great! I bought it from amazon. Receiver and 4 sensors for $150. I'm about 800 feet off the road and it works flawlessly.

/ driveway monitor #49  
Anyone using and satisfied with an electronic driveway monitor on thier property? I'm about 800' off the main road need some recomendations.
My driveway monitor keeps killing my chickens. I recommend an electronic one.

/ driveway monitor #50  
Anyone using and satisfied with an electronic driveway monitor on thier property? I'm about 800' off the main road need some recomendations.
I have the driveway informer model d1200s-AG very happy with it.Had it over a year no issues.Have it mounted about 400 ft from the house.It States 1000 ft coverage..