Droopy bucket

/ Droopy bucket #1  

panamaguy

Silver Member
Tractor
kubotab7001 ... IHI NX15 excavator
Hi. I have a old B7100 with a aftermarket frontend loader and yesterday moving dirt the bucket started to droop as soon as I let go of the lever.. Can't see both tilt cylinders going south the same time. Kind of thinking the spool valve but have never taken one apart before. The valve looks like the kind on log splitters etc except has 2 spools because of the lift cylinders. Has anyone ever experienced this type of thing and is that what would happen if the valve starts to bypass. Thanks on advance for any help

/ Droopy bucket #2  
You check that you didnt bump your flow control?

/ Droopy bucket
No flow control on there as far as I know. I have a flow control on the thumb of my mini excavator so I know what they look like but never seen one on my tractor

/ Droopy bucket #4  
I have a JD and within 4 years the FEL bucket started drooping as soon as the hand was off the joy stick. It would uncurl down all the way in 10 seconds and was impossible to carry anything in the bucket. Had to put new seals in the cylinders even though maybe one was bad.

/ Droopy bucket
Sounds like what mine is doing. Never thought maybe just 1 went real bad and the other does not have the strength to hold the load. It started just yesterday but last time was good. Thanks

/ Droopy bucket #6  
In almost all cases, the hydraulic lines for lift and drop are coupled together, so it only takes a seal on one side, for that kind of behavior.

/ Droopy bucket
I will try something tomorrow. Pull a bucket pin on 1 cylinder with a empty bucket and see if my body weight can get the bucket to droop and then try the same un pinning the other cyl

/ Droopy bucket #8  
There are a few different flow control types, some are central, some are on each spool valve.

Anyway, if it's not your flow control: (and the very obvious hose split is ruled out), spool seals in the valves or bypass are an easy check, your hydraulic strainer is harder to check, and I hope it is not a worn pump.

Ram seals are a possibility, but on double acting I thought they usually leak fluid?

The only other thing I can think of is if you somehow aerated your hydraulic fluid, but that shouldnt happen unless it is low or you are on a significant slope.