DUMP TRailer Building PLANS

/ DUMP TRailer Building PLANS #1  

reedfish1954

Tractor
Kubota B2150HST
HEy Guys,

I need a picture of the hydraulic lift set up on dump trailer. I am making a small 4X 7 trailer with 24 inch sides. 16 inch wheels and a dump box. I figured a 3 inch ram would do it with 12volt hydraulic pump and resevoir would lift 2 yards of topsoil. I can make anything with welder and torch but i just need a close up picture of the cylinder and how it is placed. I don't need a picture of a scissors lift set-up. I am connecting the ram directly to the dump box and lower trailer frame. I see a ton on the internet but the pixes of the hydraulic arms are skimpy.

/ DUMP TRailer Building PLANS #2  
Having made a dump trailer or two I suggest you pull a scissor unit off of an old dump truck. The geometry is all worked out for you and the scissor lift will raise the bed higher (important) with less effort.

As far as a power source Grainger has a couple of options for you. But if you have a source for used lift gates then that is a great source for the pump and motor.

If you're insisting upon building the whole thing yourself I suggest you keep a couple of things in mind. One is you want the bed to raise as high as possible if you're hauling anything like clay or wet dirt, just empties easier the closer it gets to vertical, funny that way.

Most of the lifts calculate their capacity and lift based upon the end section beyond the pivot. Don't do like a bud did with his dump truck I was using last week. The end section was too long and when the bed was lifted up it also raised the tires off the ground. That made it almost impossible to totally empty without a little manual--shovel--hoe--rake assist.

Pierce Winch has an internet site where they sell a complete unit ready to go quite reasonable if your time is worth anything at all.

Do watch where your load will be carried in relation to your tongue weight. One of the hardest things to work out with a dump trailer is having it towable empty and full.

/ DUMP TRailer Building PLANS #3  
I'd go for the scissors hoist too.
I'm looking for a 10 -12' used dump bed then put it on frame
w/tongue and hook up pump.
This should be a fast and easy job.
I'm sending dad over to an auction Sat. to see if he can get
one at a good price.

/ DUMP TRailer Building PLANS #4  
Having built half a dozen dump trailers, I've come to the following conclusions.
1, save a lot of weight and fabrication by tipping on the axel rather than building a sub frame and hinge.
2, Use a doghouse type lift to minimize lifting stress, it minimizes he amount of force necessary to frame against, especially on initial lift.
3, If building something to be hauled by a tractor, use the tractor's hydraulics.

/ DUMP TRailer Building PLANS #5  
Here are some photos of a small dump trailer I made for my tractor. Use it to haul wood and dirt. It is a home oil tank cut length wise with a lift off gate on back. Used rear axle off of a front wheel drive Caravan turned upside down to increase ground clearance. 15 inch wheels. The tank pivots on the axle for the dumping. The whole project cost me about thirty dollars. Most material is salvage. I did paint it after these were taken Kubota orange. of course.

Attachments

• 238032-trailer 1.jpg
    238032-trailer 1.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 7,810
   / DUMP TRailer Building PLANS #6  
photo dumping

Attachments

• 238035-trailer dumping.jpg
    238035-trailer dumping.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 10,230
   / DUMP TRailer Building PLANS #7  
LINE THE BOTTOM AND SIDES WITH THE CORRUGATED PLASTIC, It is slippery and load slides out at less of an angle.

hey when are we going doggie hunting?

I like that idea of rotating on the axle

/ DUMP TRailer Building PLANS #8  
Re: Oil tank dump trailer

This one uses a winch to dump, has a removable tailgate that also swings open from the top, capacity just under 2 cuyds, and is easily towable with the wife's Ford 120 garden tractor.
I'm planning to do a retrofit with a vibrator to enhance dumping because she uses it for her garden debris.

Attachments

• 238177-Mvc-006s.jpg
    238177-Mvc-006s.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 15,132
   / DUMP TRailer Building PLANS #9  
Re: Oil tank dump trailer

Building a dump trailer myself. I ran into this site with great ideas. Check out the hydraulics!
Would anyone care to estimate the weight of horse manure? I'm trying to figure out how much I'll be lifting. I guess I could weigh a cubic foot and go from there.