Dump Trailer

/ Dump Trailer #1  

Gittyup

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739
Here is another Country Manfacturing Inc. tandem trailer with a hydraulic dump modification. When I designed the cylinder plumbing, I wanted to use the dump trailer to connect to the both my John Deere 425 garden tractor as well as my Kioti CK25. The CK already had 1/2" rear remotes for my backhoe. So the trailer got 3/8" hose adapted up to 1/2" Male QC's. The JD hydraulics patch is 1/4" QC. So these were adapted up to 1/2" Female QC's, just like on the Kioti.

Putting a cylinder on the stock CMI trailer is tough, when considering that I want it to work with the relatively low pressure of the JD (1000 PSI). I needed as much vertical angle as possible, and also wanted it as far forward as was practical. But, the tongue extends all the way to where I have mounted the bottom of my cylinder. I tried and tried to put the cylinder more foward, but because of the tongue, I couldn't get a steep enough angle. There is also very little clearance. I'm not sure one could get a cylinder under there bigger than 2.5". I used 2" x 18" x 1.25". I thought seriously about raising the dump bed height above the base so that I could get more angle. Then I just surrendered and modified the lame jack dump that I had wrongly bought.

The trailer is the 6 foot version, which I bought thinking it would dump more steeply than the 7 footer. I ended up actually moving the pivot point forward to give me as much rear hang over as possible. I simply drilled 2 new holes. This will help the JD work more effectively.

I built the pivot brackets using 2.5" angle 1/4" thick. Then I added an addition crossmember to help make it stronger and more rigid. I added clips to the front of the trailer to hold the hose if not using the hydraulic hookup.

The CMI red paint job wasn't the best, and after welding left some bare spots, I decided to paint it to match my JD.

Attachments

• PICT0017 (2) compressed.JPG
    PICT0017 (2) compressed.JPG
    349 KB · Views: 723
  • PICT0014 (2) compressed.JPG
    PICT0014 (2) compressed.JPG
    387.4 KB · Views: 1,254
  • PICT0016 (2) compressed.JPG
    PICT0016 (2) compressed.JPG
    346.1 KB · Views: 827
  • PICT0023.JPG
    PICT0023.JPG
    179.2 KB · Views: 518
   / Dump Trailer #2  
That looks like a 60ー dump angle there...mud should slide out of that:)

/ Dump Trailer
It'll actually go higher until the bed hits the wheels. Probably close to 80 degrees or so. I lined the bed with heavy weight vinyl flooring to aid in dumping.

/ Dump Trailer #4  
Gittyup,

That is really a nice fabrication and revision to the trailer you have there. I can see it took some time and planning to get what you have....good job.

One question I have though, I see your pivot for the dump only seems to be about a 3/8"-1/2" diameter round bar. What kind of weight are you planning on lifting with that because it sure seems like it will bend, especally if you are lifting it somewhat off level. Dirt and rocks sure are dense!

I do want to build something like this soon, Just need the TIME!

Again.....good job!

Craig

/ Dump Trailer
The trailer pivot pin is what was provided by CMI. It is supposed to be rated for 1 ton. It is 1/2" diameter. I simply moved the pivot point further forward by drilling new holes.